Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@amybrickwallace I really hope that your In-laws will see reason and do their utmost to protect themselves and each other by getting vaccinated and being diligent about mask wearing. Continued strength to you, as someone who has one or two unvaccinated relatives (they cannot be around me and they aren't allowed near my mom) I know it is both stressful and frustrating.

Continue strength to you too @Soapsuds, I'm sorry that this has happened to your family. Hopefully, everyone has taken the steps to protect themselves and each other by getting vaccinated, if they haven't already.

Strength to everyone else that is dealing with a similar situation.

I try to take things day by day, because to listen to projections on how much longer we will have to deal with this is liable to really make me feel depressed.

My life is such that now whenever I go out and into an indoor space with people, I plan ahead to go when there will be the least amount of people and time myself so that I am not in that space for longer than 15-20 minutes at a time. And always double-masked. There are no more simple outings.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

The scary thing is that we all essentially have to rely on others to do what is necessary to protect themselves and others. At this point, we can only suggest, request, try to inform but we cannot physically make anyone do anything, they must be the ones to make the move. We can only protect ourselves and maybe a few loved ones that are willing to accept the help.

• Members

Believe me I have relatives like them too. Recently found out that one was at the grocery store without a mask. Just yesterday she kept coughing and couldn't stop. She was sent to the emergency. This virus is not a Joke people. This is serious sh!t!

@DramatistDreamer Thank you! We all need to be vigilant and stay safe.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Exactly. I guess it helps that I'm an introverted homebody, so other than work I'm home and I live in a fully vaccinated home. Because I work with senior citizens, I'm extra careful. Of course, I am masked on the job and also wear a mask to church and when I go to the supermarket and the library. How could I live with myself if I ever got anyone sick with this???

• Members

Just awful. Even at church, barely anyone else wears a mask. I have never seen my pastor wear a mask. Ever. I no longer believe them when it comes to "love thy neighbor as thyself".

Plus, our doctors, nurses, techs, orderliness, etc., are not machines. They are human beings who have been overworked and overtired for over a year and a half. It just sickens me that people are so callous.

• Members

I'm surprised that we haven't really heard or seen anything in relation to the nursing homes.

This case was surrounding an outbreak that occurred in March of last year, which was regarded as fairly early in the pandemic, in the U.S. at least, but perhaps not in Europe. It will be interesting to read about whether the fact that it occurred relatively early in the pandemic will be a determining factor in how far the case goes, as well as any remuneration.

• Members

Well...

Please register in order to view this content

But I get what you all mean...my friend wanted to do the movies yesterday...we have been reconnecting now that it's been pandemic-lite here lately. But I still only wanted to do the movies at a time when it was not busy. 

And...

My side-eye is STILL getting a workout in my neighborhood. People can't even safe distance properly here.