Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Moderna, which it's been established, has the most effective vaccine, as it offers a high level of protection over the longest period of time, is effectively pricing out low-income and middle-income countries, in favor of the highest bidders, even though they took nearly $1 million dollars from a non-profit with the promise to deliver vaccine equity.

Moderna, racing for profits, keeps jabs out of reach of poor

• Members

Merck submitting for EUA for the pill form treatment.

This will hopefully keep people at high risk out of the hospital.  Vaccines are only 1 tool, not the only one.

Two of my relatives got Moderna, still got bad cases (they had transplants and had to take immune suppression medications).

So hopefully this Merck pill can help people that didn't get protections from the vaccine.

Also, Fauci should not speaking on all this...the unvaxxed despise him..and he is shady.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/merck-asks-us-fda-authorize-100229068.html

• Members

Originally, I had planned for Moderna (not because of Dolly but because of the epidemiologist whose work I had been reading about who was part of the team that had developed the Moderns vaccine) but left it open for whatever 2 dose vaccine was available.

I went into it knowing that none of these pharmaceutical companies are particularly ethical, but the same can be said of most large corporations and I knew, similar to when I take a multivitamin (supplements, which, by the way are the least regulated industry in the U.S.) or a pain reliever, I would just have to trust the science behind the product. I didn't intend to leave myself vulnerable if I could help matters and that involved getting vaccinated.

My one recurring question is, why didn't one of these companies formulate the COVID-19 vaccine in a similar fashion to the flu vaccine, which can quickly be adjusted to variants and different strains?  I guess they figured that they wouldn't have to deal with this many variants?