Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Honestly, I don't know how to explain it.

They are definitely more respectful of others even if they don't agree with wearing masks in a way that I find California is lacking it. Silent respect if you will. And even if they don't like it, they are not flancting their masklessness. They even enforce it on public transit. But for the most part I found it to be (depending on where I was at) evenly split between people who wore their masks and people who did not. The only time anyone questioned me wearing one was tonight when I was at the Stonewall Inn to honor my father and I danced her off the floor so that was a moot point.

Please register in order to view this content

But seriously, I mentioned while I am vaccinated who is to know if I have a thread that I am carrying. Better safe than sorry I told her. She just shrugged. 

I guess while defiant on one hand, I found that New Yorkers were respectful on the other hand in a way that I just don't feel Cali has been as of late. 

Edited by Taoboi

• Members

Federal employees have until November 22nd to be fully vaccinated. At my job we were told that in earlier October. We have to sign a document and show proof of having a vaccination card, either let our bosses photocopy or provide a photocopy of itself by this week. On the document we signed in October it stated if you don't have the vaccine by the November 22nd you will have to retire or resign.

I think I have at least one co-worker who isn't vaccinated and may not intend to get vaccinated. I had a few others who spoke out against it, and one who seemed scared to take it. But I think they may have changed their minds. You might see several job openings popping up after this deadline approaches. There are federal employees who are scrounging around to try and see if they can get a medical or religious exemption (I think that most may actually try and obtain a religious exemption). But I don't see that working for most of them.  If so vaccinated people can apply for jobs at usajobs.gov. Federal jobs have a lot of good benefits including a generous leave, and a pension.

Also, I found out that from a co-worker that I am eligible for a booster due to my job (we deal with a lot of military personnel/high exposure.) I will look to get that a couple/few weeks from now, I just got my flu shot on Saturday and will have to wait a bit until I can get a booster.

Also, I'm glad to see Ponds got her booster.

Edited by xtr