Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

Smh. I just can't. And that became clear for me when I landed back here in San Diego and just saw (whether they are vaccinated or not) people walking around in cool weather la-de-da without any hint of social distancing. Such a culture shock funnily enough from being in Manhattan the last few days. Whether they like it or don't like, NYC had such a vibe of taking it seriously...or not...but being more respectful of others.

Due to some unnecessary work drama on my trip, I might be taking you up on usajobs.gov.

Please register in order to view this content

I saw that first thing this morning. I was WOW. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

lol.  I don't know if you have ever applied to jobs on that site before, but if you really would like to try and get another job here are some tips for you for applying if you haven't. (I apologize if I posted these steps before, I can't remember if I have lol.) You want to make sure that you put the description of the job responsibilities on your resume. Though, you don't want to do it for word for word. They ask people not to do that. But you can reword it in a way that still mentions/highlight the key job responsibilities. You also need to make sure you put the full tenure of each job you have up there. (like January 2020-September 2021) up there. They will look for that and a an application can be rejected due to that. And you are an expert at everything when it comes to responses on the questionnaire  they give you. Either that or an experienced journeyman for everything, depending on what type of job you are applying for like a WG job. 

I actually got hired on a contract back in April 2020 when Covid first started really becoming rampant. Our Department/Agency had a lot of people that were high risk sent home for a year with pay. I believe they got to continue to acquire retirement/vacation time as well when they were off. I found out about job openings through an acquaintance of my dad and asked about it in person. I gave them my resume and got hired quickly. I didn't go through the original application process when I was first hired on. Later on when I was applying for permanent jobs I did and my application got rejected/kicked back a few times. This was due to things I didn't know about/not having information posted the way they wanted. They are pretty specific on what they want on a resume/application, it's important for people to try and get things right earlier on. But I finally did and ended up becoming permanent later on.

There are some decent federal jobs out there with good benefits. And there might be several jobs openings popping up, if people won't get vaccinated. I wish you and anyone else that might want to get a federal job good luck if you apply for one. 

Edited by xtr