Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Just now, Ponds said:

Our local facility didn't have the equipment to store Pfizer back in January, so there wasn't a choice.

I'm in home health, and in January and February health care workers from all over county (including office receptionists) got vaccinated in the local public works garage. In fact, my second shot was 8 months ago today.

• Members

If you are immunocompromised, they gave boosters out last month, but for the rest of us we wait.  We should be near the first in line when it finally happens.  I have started double masking when I do have to go to doctors appointments and my husband does as well when he grocery shops.  Unfortunately, we live in an area that is very anti-vaxxer and we don't feel safe among any groups.  If we don't get boosters before the holidays we'll be spending the time home alone again.

• Members

No new revelations but still, a good article to read nonetheless. Also, a very tragic story that offers a lesson on waiting a little bit too late to get vaccinated.

• Members
On 10/13/2021 at 8:44 AM, amybrickwallace said:

Thank goodness he left my Cleveland Cavaliers before he went full-blown conspiracy theorist. Good for the Nets not giving in.

Flu shot Done today. Pfizer booster Nov 4

didnt want them same day in case I had a reaction but glad to be getting them done

• Members

I had my flu shot today, too. I'm glad I got them both and out of the way. 

When I got my first two covid shots at the beginning of this year, I had little to no side effects. I felt like I hit a brick wall this afternoon. Lethargy, joint aches and the overwhelming urge to just lie down. Thankfully, some of it has passed now.