Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So today I walked into work and apparently people were busy or perhaps I should say disorganized. Something I am sadly used to since for some reason my upper management seem to think weekends ARE NOT our busy time in hospitality and do not staff accordingly. So I am usually highly caffinated on Saturday for the unnecessary bs. 

What I did not expect was that someone abruptly checked out today. And I guess it was a case of guilty conscience because they wanted to tell the coworker of mine who checked them in that they had tested positive for Co-Vid.

???

I did not have close contact with that coworker that day. Did not stop me from Lysol-ing down the whole front desk AND her to be on the safe side (her choice). But needless to say I was extremely #$&(ed.

Today my brother had to bury our aunt. After a struggle that included her flatlining in the ICU, she succumbed to CoVid. I just had to bury another of our aunts. And later on before my shift ended, I found out that another aunt will be getting buried next weekend. 

I just could not believe that one would step onto a plane with even a hint that they MIGHT have CoVid. 

• Members

Thank you, @amybrickwallace. And yes, that is something that I continue to struggle with here because it really has shown me how people truly seem to be. And on a personal and deeper level, that hurts. Especially when you are a person who want to think the best of people even though you are a realist. 

Thank you as well @DramatistDreamer. I really hope so. I'm not sure I can do another set of family covid deaths again. On the bright side...my brother FINALLY got his second shot. 

• Members

Quoting the Reuters article: "An experimental antiviral pill developed by Merck & Co could halve the chances of dying or being hospitalized for those most at risk of contracting severe COVID-19."

In reference to anti-vaxxers getting excited about the the Merck pill, I saw this comment on twitter:
Isn’t it like - "hey we developed this new method to help 50% of car crash victims after the crash if you aren’t wearing your seat belt."  Probably should just wear your seat belt in the first place.

Edited by janea4old