Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Bolsonaro is an racist, sexist, homophobic, privateering right-wing nutter who has plundered indigenous land rights and sown seeds of discord for personal benefit. I think he may also have some corruption allegations (as so many Brazilian politicians do) against him.  A truly venomous individual in the mold of Trump.

• Members

Just want to say Thank you Errol and SON for operating as per normal. This week my anxiety about this pandemic has mushroomed. I am grateful to know that if/when I have to be confined at home during a lockdown or work-from-home mandate, I would be able to check on here for some 'familiar faces' and soaps talk.

Funny how I thought this thread would make me panic even more, but I'm reading about Cruz having to self-isolate AGAIN (not to mention BolsoAmazonBurning and the orange one partying it up at Mar-a-lago on the nation's dime, only to find out that at least one of them has this thing) and suddenly I feel strangely calm.

• Members

There is something we can do to manage anxiety. Stay at home. Tell HR you gotta work from home from now on if you can. Or make up an excuse and miss work. I know it sounds crazy but in a few months time, it will be apparent that was the right thing to do.

Guys, don't wait for them to tell you you've got to stay home. They'll tell you to stay home when the situation turns 300% serious. Right now it's already 100% serious. So you might as well stay at home, starting from today, as much as you can.

• Members

Denmark and Poland have now also closed their borders.

In Germany, all 16 federal states have decided to close schools and nurseries until the end of the Easter holidays. Restaurants, bars and clubs in Berlin will shut down on Tuesday. New infections in Cologne have doubled since yesterday. The city council has closed all public institutions. People are advised to stay at home. 

• Members

So now that he thinks he might have it, he declares a national emergency. Last week at one of his bigly incubator rallies, he called Covid-19 a hoax!

Thank you for the advice. I will see what I can do.