Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm glad they're okay but... I'm not sure that two people who are infected can stay together. It doesn't make much sense. It's a highly infectious virus. It's not like two people will recover simultaneously only because they are a couple. What if one of them gets better while the other one infects them all over again? It's either that picture was taken before isolation or I may be wrong. If anyone has more info, I'd love to know.

• Members

They are doing that if people are infected but not seriously ill, they are allowed to stay together. If someone gets much more seriously ill, they separate at that point only. Not sure if I get it, but that's what is going on...

What is bad is a lot of places you are told you aren't allowed to telecommute and you must go into work or not get paid. If a private business is mandated to close, they don't have to pay you and if you don't have any vacation time, you are out of luck. And if you aren't sick now and do get sick later, and use your time, there is no safety net beyond not having to pay for the test - they haven't done anything like give temporary unemployment due to issues with the illness. And on top of that while it is good that schools are closing, if you can''t work from home, you may bring it back to the kids, or even worse the kids' carers who probably are grandparents who are over 60. It is a mess.