Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Forgive me for asking what's probably a stupid question, but...have there been any cases of people who have recovered from coronavirus catching it again?  Has anyone suffered any lingering body damage as a result of carrying the virus?

• Members

I think some are taking it seriously but it depends on their political views. I have one relative who is liberal and works in the medical field and they are trying to keep on top of everything, are giving everyone advice, and being helpful. Yet a family friend who is right wing and also has experience in the medical field sends memes about it being a hoax and says there's nothing going on and it's not fair how daily life is being impacted.

I notice that Chris Hayes, Bernie lover, is pushing Joe Rogan's interview with that man who is saying things like the virus is airborne (if it was that simple I'd think cases would be even more widespread). Rogan is a hardcore conspiracy theorist and  a close friend of Alex Jones. That the media is pushing these views is very dangerous. 

• Members

I'm not a doctor but as far as I know, yeah, you can relapse. Catching the c.v. and recovering doesn't make you immune.

As for lingering body damage, I hope not. It affects your lungs mostly, so maybe if you've been a smoker your whole life I guess you'd better quit smoking for the rest of your life...

Anyway, it's really serious and dramatic but being diagnosed with covid-19 is not a death sentence. Most people do recover. There have been cases of 90 or 100 year olds recovering from it. It's all so new.

As for the rest, let me add: I wouldn't wish this disease on absolutely anyone in the world but if Trump is in such denial about it, it's only a matter of time before he catches it.

Edited by Aback

• Members

Don't panic. From what I've read on this thread, it seems like the stress of this crap may end up hurting people more than the virus itself. 

I'm in NYC. I ride the nasty, crowded subway every single day, sometimes as much as four times a day and I am perfectly fine. True, I carry a bottle of Purell with me every time I'm on the train, I wash my hands constantly and I try to not be in close contact with people but I am fine. Honestly, I do believe the media is fearmongering instead of trying to calm people's fears and anxieties.

And just for the record, I despise politics with a passion, so don't attack me as Trump supporter, science denier, etc. 

Just take precautions, do what's best for you and your loved ones and stay calm. 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

It's a bad morning when Savannah Guthrie has you up against the wall.

I lived in NYC for many years. Rode the subway every day. I am not an alarmist. This is serious. Dr. Fauci and Angela Merkel are not 'sensationalizing' this story. What would their or the media's angle be?

• Members

I was on the same page as you around 2 weeks ago.

I was wrong.

Please, stay at home as much as you can. Work from home, or get ready to give up a few weeks worth of pay. It's going to be worth your health. I wish someone had told me this 2 weeks ago.

• Members

There is so much conflicting information out there, that is what is so concerning for me. Several outlets are reporting that Sore throat and headache are the primary way you can tell Coronavirus from cold and flu, yet this Doctor who is tweeting his progress with the disease, reports that his started with a headache and sore throat. 

https://nypost.com/2020/03/11/doctor-with-coronavirus-shares-daily-symptoms-on-twitter/

• Members

Another NBA player,  a talented young player named Donovan Mitchell has now tested positive for Coronavirus. Jazz players have said that Rudy Gobert has been careless in the locker room touching players and belongings. 

I hope that Donovan recovers from this and that no other player has it. But now that two players have it's even more concerning. All of the Jazz players were tested last night. It's unfortunate that Rudy was irresponsible like this. 

ETA': I'm now reading reports that Donovan was the only other player out of the 58 jazz players to test positive for this virus. Thank goodness. But I'm still concerned about other people who was in contact with Rudy. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I read that he was touching mikes too - not sure if that's true or not. Either way I feel terrible for everyone involved. I read that Mark Cuban is going to try to start a fund for all the people who will be put out of work. I hope it happens.

Edited by DRW50