Coronavirus/Covid-19 Discussion Thread

• Members

No. It's summer literally everywhere in the South Hemisphere and that hasn't done anything from stopping it form spreading.

African countries are way more prepared for pandemics in general and a lot of them have measures in place to deal with things like this. There's also the fact that the case number will probably go up in certain countries as more people travel and get tested.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I wasn't pretending. pretty much all contagious diseases like the cold and flu go down a lot during the warm months when people are not cooped up with each other nearly as much. I thought it was reasonable to think this virus might do the same. Apparently not. I wish it was. 

• Members

What do you expect from someone who defended the racists in Ferguson, MO, and who proudly displayed a Confederate flag (with Dem Duke Boyz) in their avatar?  Clearly, he/she/they are going to believe our overgrown toddler of a president over the actual science.

Not that I'm wishing death on anyone, per se, but if coronavirus were to rid our world, somehow, of a few extra racists, anti-vaxxers and other booger-eating spazzes, then it'd be worth the self-imposed social isolation and other drastic measures.

Edited by Khan

• Administrator

So much news in the least 60 minutes. 

Please register in order to view this content

I agree that the NHL and MLB have to be next and suspend their season.  They can't wait until a player gets the virus, they have to suspend NOW.    And Tom Hanks! I love Tom Hanks!   

Why was the UK exempt from the ban?

• Members

Of course, he will; and yes, his cult followers will believe him.  But, the rest of the planet will know better.

The rest of the world looked to Donald Trump to lead this charge as it always looks to our president in times like these.  He let them down.  Bigly.