January 2020 General Hospital Discussion Thread

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I had no idea he was coming so I was pretty shocked to see him in the previews, lol. I can't wait. 

The show has been watchable, IMO, and almost entertaining since Nikolas' return on Halloween. Lots of things to fix, but I'm liking the direction at the moment. Feels like they're writing character based stuff. Not deep, mind you. So I guess watch with expectations in check, lol. Pets are still around but the tone is slowly changing. Lots of history mentions lately too.

The women don't seem to be being punished anymore. Ava has her spark back, for instance; Maxie may get to see Georgie full time (and she seems to want to break free of Nina and Crimson finally) ... Nina isn't a pathetic doormat, though still useless despite Watros ... Brook Lynn has been a refreshing addition. Having Tracy back helps too. They're trying with Lulu but Rylan is ... sigh. It's kinda interesting two men can write better for women than two women did ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

lol yep

lol I know. it would never fail. It still has faults but I find it far more watchable and I see little improvements. Lots of work left to be done but I see potential. I'm crossing my fingers. Pets still exist, unfortunately. It does feel like they dropped the Sonny and Carly are matriarch and patriarch of Port Charles [!@#$%^&*]. So just lots of little things I see being addressed. And they're actually wrapping up stories and moving things. It feels slightly more cohesive. I do see a difference but it was getting pretty bad so we had to go up ... right? lol 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I blame it on the the abilty of the two head writers to get along and this all started after Dan joined on so even better. 

Good to know. I might squeeze some time in after work or tomorrow. 

I can't believe they got Taggert back. Just...wow.

Surprisingly GH has started to get a bit better. Since Dan O'Conner took over. It's still has a long, long,.long way to go. I'm simply shocked they brought Taggart back. The one person that see's Sonny for what he truly is. The one person in Port Charles. Who will never bow down to him and kiss his ring. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Taggert coming back was a surprise. Goes to show you how good things can be when a show keeps their spoilers under wraps. 

It's also good to have a LEO on the show who's not so chummy with Sonny or Jason #takeahintJordan.

Hopefully, he won't be destroyed as a character just to make Sonny look good.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Glad I'm not the only one to notice the subtle, little changes. I can see they're trying but yeah, a looong way to go. Frank and Varni are still there and pets are still around so ... time will tell. At least it's becoming watchable and almost entertaining. 

• Members

I follow GH thru Twitter, and I'm not seeing the changes you guys are talking about.  I'm seeing returns (good ones tho) with all of the stories centered around Frank's pets.  I was home early a few weeks ago and after 2 segments, I turned the channel.  I'm still seeing an awful show.  The dialogue is garbage and the stories are still lacking.  If it's not a pet, Frank will not give the story the attention it needs.  Take for example Neil's medical license in jeopardy.  When did he and Alexis get to the point to where his career was in trouble?  What happened with Keifer's sister after she was hit by a car?  Does Alexis even talk about that?

Frank is simply ill equipped, and that would not be so bad if he didn't micro manage his team.  

I will wait for clips of Taggart but I have no hope for a good show under Frank.