January 2020 General Hospital Discussion Thread

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Varni is awful. I don't think Frank is much better ... but the shift is apparent. Still a very long way to go though.

If you aren't watching and have your mind made up then 

Please register in order to view this content

I've never said it was good. I some changes and subtle improvements I like that you can only see if you watch every day. I mean, it's not a fluke when you have several of us noticing. The problem is the show has been pure [!@#$%^&*] for years so any little difference is an improvement  

Do you not see most of us still bitching about Frank and Varni and me saying flat out they're still an issue? lol. I have said pets still exist. Franco has aired once this month, though. Just saying.

The show could easily go back to unwatchable garbage. I take what I get at this point. We're never going back to what the soaps really should be. I mean, I could write an essay on what's wrong with this show. But I'll take the little differences right now. It helped this week was Tracy and Brook Lynn heavy.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

If it's like the one I saw online for yesterday's Y&R a day early, it is probably intentional to keep it up. But what happened? A preemption?

Meanwhile, GH YouTube channel also have some clips up as well. I can't believe how big Spencer has grown since I was a regular viewer. 

• Members

IKR!!!  I might have seen him maybe once since I stopped watching regularly and he was a little bit taller and had his glasses, but still looked the same. 

So....wow.  I admit it is nice to see a show let a kid grow up onscreen a la Robin/Jessica/Maxie1.

• Members

Sadly, a lot of soap Twitter is calling for him to be recast because he's not tall enough or good looking enough or whatever to fit in with Josslyn, Cameron and Trina. I understand why they want him to be their age and have a quad. But why can't we just appreciate Nicolas for his acting ability and for having grown up with him and be patient and realize he will grow into his features within the next year or so? I just feel bad for him. Puberty is rough for anyone, let alone an almost 15 year old who I'm sure wishes he was taller etc. by now. That doesn't mean he should be recast. If he was also a bad actor, I might understand it, but he's not. He brought more emotion in the reunion scenes than Marcus as Nikolas. I do agree that the "precociousness" of the character is now gone a bit and they probably need to decide what they want Spencer's personality as a teen to be if they want him on full-time but none of that is Nicolas's fault. 

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

EXACTLY!!! From reading recaps, it appears Spencer is brought back when needed, using have some presence in storyline. And then he leaves again. So I don't mind that for a while, allowing for the character to grow.

In fact, the reunion might be a great reset for what they want his personality to be. I don't know if he kept up the self absorbed rich kid with a heart when I stopped watching, but perhaps the fact that Nikolas kept himself 'dead' for three years might make him be a bit of a introvert, trying to put out the image of what a good prince...one who does not need to fake his death to get things done...should be. Even be a bit brainy. Maybe...?