• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Exactly!!! 

But I see those pre-emptions are killing the momentum.

Please register in order to view this content

Honestly? No. Which is why I didn't post it in the spoiler thread when I saw it. LOL!!! 

However, there is some new promo that I can't wait to be posted that might be more in line.

• Members

The mob stuff has never been top quality but the Guza & Labine eras definately handled it better. Sonny as the "most powerful crime lord on the eastern seabord" was always a joke to me. He always got frequently spoken down to and disrespected by people like Monica, Rick, Scott, Jax etc... And if Sonny was as powerful as the show makes him out to be, Nelle and Shiloh would have been smoked a loooong time ago. Frank Smith definitely had more of an intimidating presence than Sonny, even early Sonny was more intimidating than his current self.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Riche did, in the beginning.  The Spencer house/Sonny’s apartment one was pretty good.  Puerto Rico had lots of excitement with the mob.  I also think clink/boom was a masterpiece (even though little of the violence is shown, it resonated deeply because of what we did see, use of slow motion etc).  The shooting at Luke’s that got Nikolas was good too.

But I credit Labine as the best with mafia stories on GH.  The mob violence had consequences.  Because of Frank Smith and later Sonny’s grab for power-

Lucky was shot

Pregnant Laura was pushed down the stairs.

Sean Donnelly was shot.

Luke was shot (Puerto Rico)

Brenda was almost shot in the shower/Stone was grazed (or shot in the leg, I can’t remember).

Luke and Laura’s house was shot up and she had to kill an intruder while her baby was upstairs.

Those were stakes, and it felt more dangerous.  When we got to Jason dodging bullets constantly...although Kristina (the first one) was killed as well.

But if we are talking who was the best at capturing action?  Monty wins.  Her action scenes were almost always stellar.

• Members

In case this is a spoiler to anyone out there:

Please register in order to view this content

I look at scenes from that period and I am just amazed at how Gloria Monty did so much with editing.  Characters didn't really need to move all that much, because the editing alone gave the scenes all the energy it needed.

Edited by Khan