January 2020 General Hospital Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah! He has appeared in a very small handful of episodes in the last few years. Admittedly, I think they probably thought Nicolas would've grown up more by now, but again, completely out of his control lol.

I'm afraid they won't follow up with this Spencer/Nikolas stuff for a bit. I hope I'm wrong. I don't think Nicolas's other show is still on but I think he's in school so maybe he doesn't want to be full time right now either. There was a throw away line about Spencer flirting with girls at gastropubs and being a bit of a troublemaker recently lol but that doesn't really jive with what we saw of him onscreen the other day. I hope he becomes a rebellious troublemaker! With a heart of gold, of course. He's definitely still smart.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Bechtel is a lot better than he used to be. I noticed it when he popped up maybe a year ago. He can do emotion now; he couldn’t a few years back. I remember when they tried to make him emote on Grey’s Anatomy in the Ron Carlivati era and it was like blood from a stone. The hair is, uh, seen. They still need to SORAS with a better kid - he should’ve burst into tears and didn’t manage that - and a slightly older one who can be around full time.

Of course Dick Cruiser Ava is all over this trying to get Spencer to forgive her latest piece, the man she barely knew when he first “died”. Who wouldn’t want mob queen Ava insinuating herself into a private family situation and turning on the forgive-me-in-fuckpumps charm that always worked so well on Kiki? This is so typical of Ava and yet the show plays it so earnestly and I can never take it seriously, ever. Ava is Ava is Ava. Let her be or don’t waste my time trying to make her Carly Snyder. Remember when Maura was only supposed to be on a week back in 2013? I’m not complaining but the stories need work.

I still can’t tell the new White Chicks (Willow/Sasha) apart. Sorry!

At least Billy Joel a.k.a. V____n is no longer lord of the Cassadine manor. I feel like Mike has had Alzheimer’s for like fifteen years. I mean, yes, people do but come on. Did the Arab twink already lose his accent? Is Kevin still married to Laura? Does Kevin still exist?

I was Chad Duell’s biggest booster for a long time, and he can be very good with good writing which he hasn’t had much of in almost ten years. Long did I champion pairing him and Maxie in an unlikely older least mature woman possible/younger man screwball romance; I think it would’ve worked, back when both still had much energy left. I think he works wonderfully with certain people, like Jane Elliot. I also think he should go now. If Drew Garrett wasn’t some sort of #MeToo situation BTS or something beg him to come back or get someone equally vulnerable yet strong. Michael is reduced to this because they don’t invest in Chad and Chad has failed to rise to the occasion. There is also absolutely zero reason for Michael to have a baby, let alone Maxie or Lulu having two. I’d still write Maxie out for a good while, and probably Lulu for a few months before finding a suitable recast assuming Julie Berman still doesn’t need rent money. Charlotte would be un-Spencered. I don’t care. I don’t!

I have no idea what is happening with Brook Lynn and I’m sure the writing is poor but there will never be a better recast for such a previously doomed role than Amanda Setton, and they should lock her in as long as possible.

I have said this many a time, but the holiday scenes drove home how wrong it is that Lisa Lo Cicero isn’t playing Lois since that’s basically all Olivia ever was minus a few details, from the beginning, right down to the Bensonhurst backstory. The chemistry with Wally Kurth is the same and she even auditioned for the Lois recast in the mid-2000s. Ron Carlivati wisely but too briefly lampshaded this when he first put these two together years ago by having Ned and Olivia openly discuss Lois on a date, but to this day I don’t feel it’s ever been really examined enough in scripts. Of course I haven’t watched regularly in like five years, so hey! Who knows? I just feel like it needs to be an intelligent discussion if I’m expected not to squint and call her Lois. There’s also zero reason that nice smiling child isn’t Ned’s son and not Brett Ratner’s. I mean Julian’s. Whoever.

Jason and Sam have resumed fulfilling no functional purpose beyond driving action and clinging to their aging and dying demo slice. One or both should now be brutally killed and/or written out. Their story will never go anywhere or evolve in any way while they are paired.

Laura Wright, who can weather anything IMO, finally looks very tired. I don’t blame her.

Did little Aidan finally get gayed or did they pull back after realizing the opening of that story was wildly offensive? Is Jake, more talented than half the new cast, still on the show?

Why does the new Q mansion’s color scheme look like it now comprises over half the current sets of Days of our Lives?

Has Jane given interviews? How is she feeling about being back? I remember her exit interviews, which were very gleefully in the key of “fùck this, I’m retired forever!” They need to beg her to do a Jess Walton recurring deal a la Y&R.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Absolutely. Jason and Sam both need to be written out. I don't care how, I don't care if one or both die, I just need them gone.

Laura Wright is obscenely grating to me. I think her word repetition and sassy head movements have only gotten worse, though, so yes, I think she's a bit over it.

No, they pulled back. The opening of it had some issues but could have gone somewhere very interesting. But they chickened out. He's visiting Lucky (or at least was for Christmas). Jake is still on the show but hardly ever used. He was in the Christmas Carol special and an episode after that as Jake but hadn't been on in months prior to. I don't need to see him until he gets a different hairstyle, lol.

She hasn't as far as I've seen.

It's true, they're so dull and insipid. I think the Sasha actress has the acting prowess edge over Willow but both are just...not very strong. 

I think Mike is going to die during February sweeps. They randomly had his illness be super dire after he popped up again last month and they're having Sonny try to fight against all odds to save him. I'm sure he won't. Dev lost his accent like a week into his second run. Kevin is still married to Laura, yes, but they don't have anything for them to do as a couple.

Chad absolutely needs to go. He can act but has so little chemistry with the women they've tried to pair him with. He and Sasha have some but they're just so saccharine sweet and dull together. But to be honest, Michael was ruined years ago when he was un-Quartermaine-d and will likely never recover as a character. Maxie has borderline been ruined by Peter so yeah, I wouldn't mind her taking a long break. Emme has always been horrendous. I can't think of a worse adult actor on the show. She is nearly unwatchable. She's too busy daydreaming about what scarf she's going to knit in her dressing room in between takes to bother working on improving her craft. The baby rabies is indeed out of control.

Edited by alexisfan07

• Members

It would have been more believable for her to dive in to protect someone else.  Or better yet, not get shot and get her hands on a gun of a downed person and fire back.  She doesn’t have to be Anna, but she can handle herself.  She held Cassadine goons with a machine gun when she was 19/20!

Speaking of Spencer, did it ever come out what he did during the election?

Edited by titan1978