January 2020 General Hospital Discussion Thread

• Members

So agree with you about those scenes. That was Genie’s best work in forever — just amazing — and you’re right about Marcus C playing opposite her. His eyes alone gave Genie so much more to work with.

One more thing: I could look at Marcus C all damn day. Nik has never been this hot.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I want Spencer to return and be so Pissed at his Dad & Nik have to work at gaining his trust again.

Laura was right Nik was worse than Valentin in what he put Spencer thru & that shouldnt be forgiven in an episode or five

• Members

That was my thought. Dev has feelings for Cameron. Remember Cam's reactions when the whole "is Aiden gay?" thing came up ... I know they keep saying Cam's into Joss but ...

Meanwhile, Genie Francis just showed everyone a masterclass in acting. Lord I just love her. She was marvelous Monday and Tuesday. Laura ripping into Nikolas, the range of emotions ... her relationship with Ava ... I just love it all. Ava knew Laura was right ... I love MW and GF together. Dan O'Connor seems to love these ladies and I'm so grateful. Pissy and Altman didn't.

I wanted to vomit when the music started as Valentin said goodbye to Charlotte. Lord. Spare me the tortured soul crap with Valentin. He can still love his daughter but they really go overboard adding in the schmaltz.

God. Jordan is just awful. No reactions. Dead eyes. I'm having fun pretending her non reactions are because she's secretly on the villains payroll. At least Emme Rylan tried.

And why the [!@#$%^&*] did they involve Sonny and Carly again? I think it's clear the new writer doesn't want them together, IMO. Since we're stuck with Laura Wright's Valley Girl Carly, we might as well put her with the one guy on the canvas she has chemistry with: Ingo (however, I also thought she had some chemistry with Sean Kanan). But they seem to be pairing Jax/Nina.

The show has a looooong way to go, but at least O'Connor wants to write a soap opera and not some weird Hallmark movie like Altman. Look at how much has already happened in his few months ... Nikolas, Brook Lynn, Lucas's accident, Carly/Sonny on the verge of collapse, Sam/Jason forced apart because of their criminal pasts, Nina and Ava getting much better writing (they could only go up) and purpose ... I see him trying to make things more interesting and shake things up. Now let's see how Frank and Varni [!@#$%^&*] it all up.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Agreed. Genie has been amazing. And Coloma is the perfect Nikolas, IMO. That sweet spot between Stephen Martines and Tyler Christopher.

Jane is marvelous. I'm happy for her that she semi-retired but I miss Tracy and Jane. Her brief return (did I miss her leaving??) really added a lot to the show. Her presence is very very missed. I really never thought she'd visit until "the end" so I'm thrilled she came back and I hope it leads to some more pop-ins. Jane seems like the type to retire but then not really want to stop working altogether. 

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I think they're finally starting to realize that there were a lot of mistakes made in 2019, especially when it came to the writing. I guess Shelly was the deadweight after all. Things are finally happening, and I'm glad. 

Dev being gay would actually be a great character driven story. They could play into the idea that Dev always had to hide his true feelings because of where he came from, and now he's finally free to be himself. Cam could definitely be bi and still have feelings for Joss, which would be a clever and new spin on the teen love triangle that all soaps do.

I always believed Cam was originally meant to be a more villainous character, judging by his reaction to Aiden, but they changed those plans when they realized how good William Lipton was. But now they can just write it in that he was trying to tell himself that he wasn't gay or bi. 

Laura/GF is always great. She's the heart of the show. As for Ava, I like her more now then I ever have. I've always felt the same way about Ava and Sonny. I don't dislike them, but their arrogance would sometimes drive me crazy. The writing for Ava hit a rough patch with that psychic crap, but she's being written much better now, much tougher. She has her drive and strength back. I just hope she doesn't become nothing more than Nikolas' cheerleader when she and him inevitably fall in love for real.

As for Nikolas, I still can't get over the fact that Marcus Coloma is 41 lol he looks so young

Valentin's b.s musical montage and including Sonny and Carly into Nikolas' story seems more like interference from Frank and Nathan then anything else. Luckily, they have writers who seem to know what they're doing now. And since Mo hasn't complained on Twitter yet, maybe they won't mess it up as much as they could.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

Cam could definitely be bi. I think it would set up a potential interesting triangle between Josslyn/Cam/Dev/Trina. Josslyn into Dev who's into Cam who's into Josslyn (and maybe Dev). I also feel like they're trying to hint at possibly Cam/Trina, so who knows?

• Members

I will give them credit.  These last few days have been good soap.

I especially liked Anna being the one to talk Valentine into giving Charlotte to her mother.  I may not love his character, but it was a great usage of their shared history and prior interactions.

They really gave Genie something to sink her teeth into.  She was great.  I hope they continue to give Laura and Ava scenes together!

But-  a music montage is not good when you don’t spend the money on a real song.

I know everyone seems to like the new Nikolas, but he has a stilted way of talking at times that I hope settles down.  He also really chewed some scenery almost Sonny style (or Tyler style).  He’s a pretty good actor, and he is attractive, I hope he can calm down a bit more and settle in.

I hope this show would tell a real teen gay story with Dev, but I doubt those in charge.

Still, pretty good run of stories and performances these last couple of days!