Y&R March 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hopefully, J.T. will serve his sentence off screen. I doubt Thad is willing to come back for any longer since he seems keen on producing movies with his twin brother. 

I would love if it they have Noah come back home to Genoa City, in which Mia sets her sights on him at first to make Sharon jealous for "Taking Away" Rey and she starts dating him. But she finds herself falling for him for real with Sharon warning Noah off everytime. However, Noah stands up to his mother whilst Mia is smiling a shi* grin everytime. She and Nikki bond over being social climbers. 

Though I think that Mia might be the next one to go. Since Rey has Sharon unfortunately and Lola has her new restaurant and in the middle of a triangle between herself, Kyle, and Summer. 

Paul and Christine need a hard course correction. I hardly recognize these characters anymore. I know in years a lot of stuff happened to them but these our the same ones who were the heroes of the show twenty years ago. 

• Members

Welp. Watched today and Paul's still the angry jerk. I get they had to have him lecture Rey but lawd. This is why I was glad he was gone. Even if I hated the way Mal treated a loyal 40 year veteran Paul's been a terrible character for years now and Davidson plays him so angry and cranky. I can't. I hope they really understand that the characters of Paul and Christine are beyond shells of their former selves. It doesn't work.

The show was watchable, I suppose.

• Members

3-20-19

Well, glad to see that Nick broke up with shady Phyllis. Now STAY THAT WAY.

Please register in order to view this content

And it is nice to see Thad again. Also like the feeling of suspense in this episode. 

• Members

Anyone else start laughing on the inside when Josh Morrow attempts to play serious Nick? I feel like he's doing a poor imitation of Eric Braeden. Morrow is good at some things but this Nick "I'm in charge and a bad ass" doesn't work. Morrow lacks the range for it to be believable. He does well playing Dad and sometimes with the romantic stuff. And Shick STILL have chemistry. I know Morrow seems to fight the pairing but he really shouldn't. 

• Members

He really is.

I did enjoy his annoyance towards Summer's rush into marriage. He does do the dad stuff well.

I like Morrow more than some but he's always been weak in many regards (I think he's checked out; this is why I don't mind when actors leave and the character gets a rest, it helps). Sharon Case absolutely brings out the best in him.

• Members

I am enjoying the Devon/Elena scenes. I think she has a flirty kind of light easy going way about her. I think she's really cute. Devon seemed happy to help Jett. I am interested in seeing where this storyline goes with Elena/Jett moving into the penthouse and Devon helping Jett. Maybe he will end up singing again. 

I continue to like Kyle/Summer together this time around. He acts husbandry towards her (like carrying her over the threshold) and they look good together. I also like that Jack is supportive of them. I think he like them better than Kyle/Lola especially after calling out Lola for her treatment of Kyle the last time she broke up with him. Like seeing Jack trying to look out for Summer. He's always had a soft spot for her.

• Members

The Newman family is so rich but they’ve all lost the front doors to their homes. 

Everyone is so happy to be home from jail. Sleeping in their own soft beds. Yay! However, I know my happiest moment would be using the toilet in peace and privacy again. Soaps always miss the mark (so to speak) regarding the joys of pottyhood.

Please register in order to view this content

Archived