Y&R March 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The lighting issue is interesting to me. When I watch the show live or dvr, the lighting is darker, though not as moody as pre-2012. But when I streamthe show with the CBS app, no what what device—ipad, roku, or apple tv—the lighting/ picture is pale and washed out.

• Members

The whole point of the Kyle and summer marriage is to turn Kyle and Lola into star-crossed lovers and Lola into a classic heroine that we can root for at the expense of Summer.  I, personally, hope it backfires and the story boosts Summer's popularity instead. 

• Members

I thought that Lauren Woodland did a nice job tonight when Brittany was grilling Rey about the night Sharon confessed to him. I enjoyed those scenes, she really did give it to Rey.  Rey is the only Rosales that I like and I do like him and Sharon together but he did kind of turn his back on Sharon after she confessed to him. He didn't seem like he cared that much about her after her confession, even though they had exchanged ILY's.

I understand he has a job to do but he didn't even really check up on her much or act like a man worried about woman he loves being locked up. Even if she is guilty of her role in the JT's disappearance. I thought that Brittany did a good job of painting a scenario where Rey could have been using Sharon.

Also, I think that both Kyle and Summer did a nice job of selling their engagement to Phyllis. Especially MM/Kyle. I thought he came across as believable when he was saying he realized that Summer was the one for him. 

• Members

How many times have they tired to make Summer relevant? Does the feedback mean anything to these people? Do they not see her tanking in pairings? Does she move the ratings needle? Gawd...I hate Summer and have never ever cared for her. 

Neither female is rootable. I don't think Summer has ever been popular with the audience. 

• Members

I think Hunter King has been doing a much better job as Summer since she returned. The writing is different for her, and she’s made it work.

Jordi is doing a really good job of being mysterious as to whether he loves Sharon or not — and ditto for Mia. It’s much better than an actor who’d give it away.

i’m per Tired of the “Get rid of the Rosales family” crew.

• Members

I don't think she has either. Not since she was soras'd and bullied Jamie. 

However, I'm hoping viewers don't fall for this attempt to make Lola (and Kyle). I hate when writers hurt one character to prop up another. It's always so heavy handed. 

Archived