Y&R March 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think all of the younger actors are well cast at least. Loren Lott is a find and if they were smart they'd make her the center of the younger crowd (so of course they won't), Kyle, Fen, Summer (!) and even Abby are all good to competent and if they had better stories they could really soar.

Mia, Lola, Rey and Arturo are decent actors in stories that absolutely cannot be salvaged. Cut your losses, show.

• Members

I agree. 

People kept trying to sell the redeeming quality of a domestic violence storyline but the foundation of the story was shaky at best and the set up was atrocious. 

You have to spend more time building a storyline than what Mal/TPTB were willing to invest.  You can't just 'parachute in' a longtime character who had reasonable popularity and then all of a sudden convince people that he's a wife beater based on an invisible backstory.  It was awful from the get-go.

A lot of us thought the same with the Hilary character and strengthening her character as well as making the Hamiltons a 'super couple' for the 2010s.  It never happened.  In fact, Y&R seemed intent on going in the exact opposite direction.  I'm not sure how smart Y&R/Sony/CBS are, they seem to make lots of decisions based on pure folly.

At least, in the last 10-15 years, they have...with increasing regularity.

• Members

At a certain point with these supercouples (especially nick and sharon or victor and nikki) it's either they're staying together or they arent. Find a different source of plot conflict outside romance, it's tiresome, or at least greatly extend the period in time before their relationship hits the rocks.

• Members

I’d be happy if viewers gave Josh Griffith a damn week before whining and moaning and bit_ching about every damn thing under the sun.

Here’s what I read:

1. Get rid of all the young characters.

2. Get rid of all the vets.

3. Get rid of all the Rosales’.

4. Fire Mal again even though he’s gone.

5. Bring back Michael Muhney.

6. Bring back Victoria Rowell.

7. Bring back Olivia.

8. Bring back Mamie.

9. Bring back Ashley.

10. Tell Josh Griffith he’s already screwing up.

11. Rewrite all the stories.

12. Throw out all the stories.

13. Wake up Bill Bell from the dead.

Archived