Y&R March 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

How soon into Sally’s run did Mal pull this stunt? Wow, the more that comes out about the brief SSM/KA run, the more it appears the deck was stacked against them from the beginning. And I know that SSM came in with no solid plan... but it seems like that’s more on Sony/CBS than Sally herself. Steve Kent and Angelica McDaniel have been common denominators here among this set of pit vipers for almost 8 years.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have no inside scoop but it always felt like Mal was desperate for the HW gig and probably did all he could to make it happen for him. It sounds like I was right in thinking that, so ... he probably meddled relentlessly. Sally and Kay probably never really stood a chance.

• Members

Regarding this week's episode, so far, I wonder what Ana's secret is. Devon ran a credit check and found out it was squeaky clean. I think that Ana may be financially supporting someone, and I wonder who that person is.

Also, I liked the Nick/Sharon scenes where he supported her and said that Rey took advantage of her.  And I thought that the women being found guilty of all charges and the sentences the women got were interesting, (3 years for Sharon, 10 for Victoria and 30 for Nikki). But I think that the Jury/judge just couldn't overlook how they hid JT's body and buried him. And all of the lies they told in regards to that situation. If they had told the truth after Nikki killed him and not did the other stuff, most of them wouldn't have went to jail. And Nikki would have gotten a much lighter sentence. 

• Members

I thought's today's love scenes with Kyle and Summer after they got married were well done and pretty romantic. They got the rose petals on the bed and the romantic soapy music going on. And he picked her up and carried her. It was nice to see Kyle finally get a love scene and he really wanted to make love her. I do believe he does care for Summer, and he has been supportive, and gentle with her ever since he agreed to marry her. With them consummating their marriage, it is now a legitimate marriage. I do wonder where the show will end up going with this triangle this time around. 

• Members

I am glad they are using the classic music cues again. Also, it looks like Monday is the first day we really start to see Josh's influence in the writing. 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

The writings credits are now saying being written by Josh Griffin and Mal Young. I think on today's show and yesterday as well, you could see Josh' s influence in the writing. I believe he may have decided to make the decision to have Mia really sleep with Arturo instead of him just walking away like originally happened. Arturo really is a big hypocrite. He bashed/threatened Kyle for kissing Summer after Lola broke up with him, but Arturo cheated on Abby when they were together, with his brother's wife again.

I wonder what will end up happening with this storyline involving the introduction of Ana's dad. It still seems like Ana isn't telling the whole truth for some reason. Jet doesn't seem like he's really being deceptive, but I do wonder if there is more to this storyline. Elena is very cute and I could see her and romance eventually happening between her and Devon. 

Also, I wonder what type of complications Summer has from her surgery. I do think this may force Kyle to tell more people that she's the donor and I also think it may make him realize he cares for Summer more than he realizes. 

Archived