Y&R March 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The JT story did start off well. I'm personally not going to take that back. JT was off the canvas long enough for the story to work. However, when they decided to speed it up and "kill off JT," it went off the rails. I feel sorry that Thad Luckinbill had to come back for this though. He was excellent throughout the initial story.

• Members

I have watched the entire month minus the last three episodes in the past week in an effort to catch up before Griffith truly kicks into gear. One thing I wanted to mention is the destruction of Christine. We often hear it about JT or Sharon, but what they’ve done to Christine is top level destruction. I know she isn’t as important now, but Christine was such a hugely important and popular character and the way she’s written now is like a completely different character. She has absolutely no perspective and this role would be better served by a new character. This woman has nothing in common with the actual character of Christine. I enjoyed many aspects of this trial, but whenever she appeared it too me out to see her being so harsh to people she’s known for years. This isn’t the Christine who worked for Legal Aid and championed for people with no voice...

Beyond that there were lots of positives. The way they’re wrapping up the JT story is good on an emotional level and I like the variety of characters involved. I also like the break we’re getting from the Rosales being central to everything. Kyle and Summer actually work. I never have liked her but actively hated that bizarre Mal Young take with no clear motivation. Now she is just delightful. Smart and cunning with a nice sense of humor. She’s giving me Cecile from Another World. I can’t believe I’m actually looking forward to Summer now. 

With this JT story wrapping up the show is a clear slate. Josh is gonna have it easy taking over because he can quickly get his stuff going. I’m already liking his shifts to certain stories and characters so I look forward to these next few months. I think he’ll at least give us a good balanced year. 

• Members

It occurred to me, maybe it's been discussed...but with the rewrite of Arturo and Mia actually sleeping together that night...if Mia is pregnant it's going to be Arturo's...and that could explain (if she is pregnant) why she was so adamant about not telling anyone at first/right away. 

• Members

Clever way to fix the J.T. issue, I'll give them that.  Hadn't even thought of that angle.  But Paul - returning as the crotchity, angry, yelling cop - I've been over that for the past several years.  I really hope they do something to make him bearable because he's still miserable.  A little overraction with Rey, IMO - yeah not the best method but he did find J.T., revealed 3 women were convicted of murder when there was no murder, etc.  The things that have happened over the years on this show and someone who finds the truth, solves a case gets punished.  Eh. 

Archived