Y&R March 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

This JT storyline has gone on way too long, and most of it has not been very good. But I have actually enjoyed the recent court scenes. I think that watching Christine, Michael, and Brittany present three different cases of what happened the night JT died (and beyond) has been interesting.

I also like how some of the attorneys and the characters have been surprised about some of the details that have come to light that they weren't aware of. (Like Tessa blackmailing the women and being kidnapped by three of them and Rey and Sharon confessing their love to each other the night Sharon also confessed to burying JT's body.) I particulary have liked how Brittany and Michael have presented both of their cases. I think that Lauren Woodland has been entertaining as Brittany (and I laughed at how she said that Rey pretended he loved Sharon today) and I like how Michael is being used.

He's trying his best to help Nikki/Victoria, even though they keep lying/keeping important things from him. This is the most he's been used in a while. I think that the court scenes have been the best part of this storyline.

Also, I don't really feel sorry for Mia after Rey ended their marriage today. She acts upset about Rey admitting he loved Sharon, yet she cheated with and has been constantly chasing, pushing up on Arturo. And let her jealously of his relationship with Abby drive her to almost kill Rey/Arturo's sister. She keeps trying to play both men and cries when she is called out for her poor behavior.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The court scenes have been good.  I didn't watch during the Brittany years but I can tell the court scenes are better because she's an attorney IRL.  It's been decent there except for the "OBJECTION"! calls without stating a reason.  You can't just yell "OBJECTION!"  LOL.  Mia is ridiculous.  I agree.  I'm trying to figure out how she's going to get pregnant, or she'll fake lose the baby that isn't there.  You're pregnant but still haven't gone to the doctor?  I guess women get pregnant and are two months in and never go to the doctor.  So ridiculous.  Or I guess she found out she was pregnant at 1 week. 

• Members

I have been enjoying Brittany and her defense of Sharon. I do think that her being an attorney IRL, is helping shape her performance in these scenes.

Also, I wonder what Mia will end up doing now that Rey wants to end their marriage. He doesn't want much to do with her and Arturo doesn't really want her either. So I wonder what her plan is. Will she end up pretending to lose the baby. Or try and get pregnant for real. After the stuff with this fake pregnancy shakes out, (or maybe even during it) I could see her making her way to a rich guy and trying to latch onto him. (Like a Nick/Devon, maybe even Billy, though it looks like he might get back together with Victoria, once she's somehow gets from underneath the charges against her). Mia has said she wants a better life for herself, wouldn't surprise me at all if she tries to latch onto a rich guy. 

• Members

Why hasn't anybody told Michael about the surveillance equipment and break in at the Newman ranch?  He could make a good point that JT is still alive.  Also, I don't know who dressed Christine in that grey suit, but she looked awful.  The girl needs to eat a sandwich or two because she's too frigging skinny.

• Members

And they're in Wisconsin.  Depending on the state where you are, and Wisconsin is cold...no open toed shoes in the Winter.  Fine for Florida or far enough South that are warmer -  and I know the 'no white shoes after Labor Day' has long since been gone but I have a thing about open toe shoes in the Winter in colder states. 

In the words of Suzanne Sugarbaker, Christine's pantsuit looks like it came out of Georgia Tent 'N Awning off the rack, without alteration.

• Members

I definitely agree with that. I believe Devon holds owns the entire building.

The Rosales haven't annoyed me as much as when they first came on this week. My problem was that they were forced on to GC in ludicrous scenarios and the writing was unbearable. Now, it's a bit better. If they were introduced better, those scenes with Mia and Rey breakup would have been more impactful.

• Members

I love how Nikki, Victoria, and Sharon attend court all dressed up with hair and makeup.   Where are the orange jumpsuits?  The court scenes have been good but stuff like that makes it so unrealistic.  They're just walking around having discussions with each other...they all 3 are put in the same visitation room together...so silly.

Archived