Y&R March 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

Well Elena did say to Devon on yesterday's show that she did graduate from Medical School. So maybe somehow she will become a medical resident at GC Memorial with Nate also working there too. If they wanted they could have her become friends with Sharon since she knows what it is like to take a care of a relative on your own. And she should interact with most of the males on screen when it comes to friendship or a romance. (Well except Jack and Victor when it comes to romance) 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Nate will be the most organic male friend since they are both doctors and more than likely will be working at the hospital together.

She could possibly become friends with some male whose had a relative hurt and is standing vigil. But no, I dont have any desire to see her thrust into EVERY males orbit on canvas at the same time. That's overkill.

Maybe she can build a special relationship with Dina since she is terminally ill. Maybe Elena can discover she's being poisoned rather than have Alzheimer's. 

As far as female friends go, I think Abby and Lola are probably more organic since they are both in Devon's orbit. 

The possibilities are endless. But whatever they do, I hope she has something that uniquely defines her. 

Edited by ajsp35801

• Members

Side rant .... I find it interesting how so many championed Doug Davidson, and how so many say Y&R is "vet heavy" but yet Victoria Rowell (and I know the fans, herself, and Kristoff, all tried for a decade to make it happen), Tonya Lee Williams, Tricia Cast, Veronica Redd, Jerry Douglas, most of the time Beth Maitland ... among MANY others, are all dumped and crickets chirp. I understand the stans on Twitter and maybe had Twitter been around when those were dumped it'd be different ... but why aren't fans championing for other vets to be brought back? I find them to be a little hypocritical in that regards. It could actually be a little more balanced than it is ...

We lost Jeanne, Jess barely appears, Eileen bolted ... Marla's Dina is a mess ... we lost Kristoff (

Please register in order to view this content

) ...

But I do appreciate they're actually attempting to develop "the young" in the title with Kyle, Summer, Fen (sort of), Ana, Nate, etc. But we're actually kind of lacking in vet presence (and it doesn't help the ones who are left like Grambo and Aunt Jack, feel entirely played out, and others like Lauren languish so far off the stove you wonder if they're still even on the show ...)

No idea where this side rant came from, but here it is, lol

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I liked the Nick/Abby scenes on today's show. I liked seeing him being supportive of her and it came across like he would genuinely miss her working at Dark Horse. In the past him and Victoria haven't always acted like they've cared a ton about her. But the past few months there have been some nice moments between them and her. Today's scenes with Nick and also during the engagement dinner when they both genuinely wished her and Arturo well and Victoria told her she loved her. It's nice to see some strides have been made in Abby's relationship with Nick/Victoria.

Also, I wonder if Summer/Kyle may be a couple longer term. Kyle continues to act very husbandly towards Summer and now Nick will be building them a house. (It looks like we will be getting another set). I definitely prefer them to Kyle/Lola.

And, it's nice to see Ashley again. I am looking forward to seeing how these upcoming shows featuring her, the Abbott family and Jabot will play out. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

It very much did (and I'm also aware many left at a time where social media was either not around or just getting it's footing ...) I dunno, I just think Twitter and social media causes a lot of "faux outrage" ...

Edited by KMan101