Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Which also means that Dylan isn't even his uncle, but Nick is his step father and has a blood tie. Even if Sharon knew that Nick was only the uncle and step father she had no right to keep Christian from him. He would have been the most likely to get custody even in these circumstances.  I would rather see Nick be a little nicer to Dylan about this, but he doesn't have a single right to this child. Nick as Sage's husband does. That's first of all the law, not to mention common decency. I don't know many people who would be overly forgiving in Nick's circumstances.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm glad that TPTB are at least trying to show some complexity in having a couple sort through their issues. When Hillary talked about the lack of trust that she assumed Devon must feel because of the way their relationship began, that was a nicely delivered point that I'm sure that the previous writing regime would never have touched on.

It was a deftly delivered group of scenes that showed that you don't have to have huge blowouts all the time. You can have disagreements that get sorted out while demonstrating the status of the relationship.

The Newmans actually looked like an actual family today. They're never going to be the Hughes, the Bauers or even the Abbotts but they resembled something like an actual family.

I just had to chuckle at Mariah being the upbeat one between Sharon, Dylan and her. Times are rough when Mariah's the most chipper one in the room. 

It didn't look like Dylan was avoiding the ranch solely because of Sharon. He seems genuinely uncomfortable at the ranch and even moreso now that he sees Nikki as siding with Nick, even as Nikki believes she is supporting both equally.

Today was a well done holiday episode. I'm intrigued to see how the episodes will shake out once the holidays are over.

• Members

See I was wondering if

I never thought I would like Dylan, but the last couple weeks have proven me wrong.  

Exactly how I felt about the show and when I saw Nick bring that bastard to the tac house and the look on SC's (and I'll say it) SB's faces, it was all over for me.  And then they had to go put on a Publix ad after.  

Well done show.  The only exception being the lighting at the park...

• Members

This. That conversation came from character and a use of history, always a plus. And, I really appreciated that, after they talked, it was sorted out and didn't become some huge thing. It felt like a real fight versus a soap fight (which are fine and all, when used properly!).

They did, with the exception of AH, of course! That side scene between Victoria, Nikki, and Nick, showed that more than ever. For example, Victoria is downing a double martini when Nikki, a notorious alcoholic, joins her. Any actress worth her salt would have played to that history. A quick look at the glass, or putting it down, or holding it away from Nikki, even an apologetic nod. It wouldn't have to be a big deal, but a good actress would have played something

And, you're right: The Newmans love each other and can even be affectionate, but they'll never be feel-good like the examples you gave. Which is fine. Each family has their own thing!

Re: Dylan

I haven't read the spoiler, so I don't know how close I am, but my suspicion is that

Please register in order to view this content

Yep. They played those heart strings. It shows me that they know what they were doing, especially since they built up Sharon and Dylan's grief so much. SB showed up to work that day!

I actually... liked it! Yes, they went darker than I thought they would, but it felt like these people really were out on a snowy night at a park. They even acted cold!

• Members

Yep. The favors probably came to an end. He showed up for work today, which was nice to see. The writing has gone a long way in making Dylan actually likable. It's amazing what happens when you don't prop up someone.

I noticed that too about Victoria and the drink and hugging Nikki. I thought something could have been played there, even if it was very minor.

It really sort of bugged me that Faith didn't seem to give two shits about her mother on Christmas Eve though.

Archived