Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Members
21 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

The child isn't even Nick's.

Which also means that Dylan isn't even his uncle, but Nick is his step father and has a blood tie. Even if Sharon knew that Nick was only the uncle and step father she had no right to keep Christian from him. He would have been the most likely to get custody even in these circumstances.  I would rather see Nick be a little nicer to Dylan about this, but he doesn't have a single right to this child. Nick as Sage's husband does. That's first of all the law, not to mention common decency. I don't know many people who would be overly forgiving in Nick's circumstances.

Edited by Juliajms
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
17 minutes ago, YRBB said:

Hilary & Devon were great; such fun, complex arguing between them. Mariah giving gifts to Sharon and Dylan was funny and touching. Sharon Case gave a wonderful performance. I cried when Nick brought Christian to Sharon and Nick. I was hoping that would happen -- it was the Christmas thing to do! This is the most classic-like Y&R we've had in years!

 

I'm glad that TPTB are at least trying to show some complexity in having a couple sort through their issues. When Hillary talked about the lack of trust that she assumed Devon must feel because of the way their relationship began, that was a nicely delivered point that I'm sure that the previous writing regime would never have touched on.

It was a deftly delivered group of scenes that showed that you don't have to have huge blowouts all the time. You can have disagreements that get sorted out while demonstrating the status of the relationship.

 

The Newmans actually looked like an actual family today. They're never going to be the Hughes, the Bauers or even the Abbotts but they resembled something like an actual family.

 

I just had to chuckle at Mariah being the upbeat one between Sharon, Dylan and her. Times are rough when Mariah's the most chipper one in the room. 

It didn't look like Dylan was avoiding the ranch solely because of Sharon. He seems genuinely uncomfortable at the ranch and even moreso now that he sees Nikki as siding with Nick, even as Nikki believes she is supporting both equally.

 

Today was a well done holiday episode. I'm intrigued to see how the episodes will shake out once the holidays are over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
35 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

SS already said Adam was the father and Nick wasn't but it's not going to be addressed since Adam is off canvas. Which makes me wonder why all the Christian continued story? I actually wish the spoiler for Dylan was for Nick. Maybe then they could ship him off...LOL. Although material like that Joshua Morrow can't pull off but neither can Steve Burton.

With a whole new team writing/running the show anything may unfold I hope Adam (since he is gone) is not the dad.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
49 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

SS already said Adam was the father and Nick wasn't but it's not going to be addressed since Adam is off canvas. Which makes me wonder why all the Christian continued story? I actually wish the spoiler for Dylan was for Nick. Maybe then they could ship him off...LOL. Although material like that Joshua Morrow can't pull off but neither can Steve Burton.

Yeah but after the way things have been going so far I might just take Dylan over Nick lol. 

15 minutes ago, shilo0854 said:

With a whole new team writing/running the show anything may unfold I hope Adam (since he is gone) is not the dad.

 

Nick has enough friggin brats. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, ryanc said:

Dylan spoiler 

 

 

 

 

See I was wondering if

 

I never thought I would like Dylan, but the last couple weeks have proven me wrong.  

 

1 hour ago, YRBB said:

What a lovely Christmas Eve episode. SS & KA have made so many improvements in terms of family & dynamics in such short a time.

 

I loved Jill giving Billy a kick in the butt to get going. Hilary & Devon were great; such fun, complex arguing between them. Mariah giving gifts to Sharon and Dylan was funny and touching. Sharon Case gave a wonderful performance. I cried when Nick brought Christian to Sharon and Nick. I was hoping that would happen -- it was the Christmas thing to do! This is the most classic-like Y&R we've had in years!

 

Exactly how I felt about the show and when I saw Nick bring that bastard to the tac house and the look on SC's (and I'll say it) SB's faces, it was all over for me.  And then they had to go put on a Publix ad after.  

 

Well done show.  The only exception being the lighting at the park...

 

 

Edited by GMac
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I'm glad that TPTB are at least trying to show some complexity in having a couple sort through their issues. When Hillary talked about the lack of trust that she assumed Devon must feel because of the way their relationship began, that was a nicely delivered point that I'm sure that the previous writing regime would never have touched on.

It was a deftly delivered group of scenes that showed that you don't have to have huge blowouts all the time. You can have disagreements that get sorted out while demonstrating the status of the relationship.

 

This. That conversation came from character and a use of history, always a plus. And, I really appreciated that, after they talked, it was sorted out and didn't become some huge thing. It felt like a real fight versus a soap fight (which are fine and all, when used properly!).

 

1 hour ago, DramatistDreamer said:

The Newmans actually looked like an actual family today. They're never going to be the Hughes, the Bauers or even the Abbotts but they resembled something like an actual family.

 

They did, with the exception of AH, of course! That side scene between Victoria, Nikki, and Nick, showed that more than ever. For example, Victoria is downing a double martini when Nikki, a notorious alcoholic, joins her. Any actress worth her salt would have played to that history. A quick look at the glass, or putting it down, or holding it away from Nikki, even an apologetic nod. It wouldn't have to be a big deal, but a good actress would have played something

 

And, you're right: The Newmans love each other and can even be affectionate, but they'll never be feel-good like the examples you gave. Which is fine. Each family has their own thing!

 

 

Re: Dylan

 

I haven't read the spoiler, so I don't know how close I am, but my suspicion is that

 

28 minutes ago, GMac said:

Exactly how I felt about the show and when I saw Nick bring that bastard to the tac house and the look on SC's (and I'll say it) SB's faces, it was all over for me. 

 

Yep. They played those heart strings. It shows me that they know what they were doing, especially since they built up Sharon and Dylan's grief so much. SB showed up to work that day!

 

28 minutes ago, GMac said:

Well done show.  The only exception being the lighting at the park...

 

I actually... liked it! Yes, they went darker than I thought they would, but it felt like these people really were out on a snowy night at a park. They even acted cold!

Edited by YRBB
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 minutes ago, slick jones said:

he could spend time with Aunt Patty then return

 

 

Yeah, but I hate news writers like this. Firing the old writers favorites. At least write from them then if they don't deliver then fire them.

 

It's not like this writer doesn't have her favorites.

Edited by MoTheGreat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
19 minutes ago, MoTheGreat said:

 

Yeah, but I hate news writers like this. Firing the old writers favorites. At least write from them then if they don't deliver then fire them.

 

It's not like this writer doesn't have her favorites.

 

SBu was way to costly for what he brought to the show. So I think this time it was less about firing old faves and more about the budget. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Yep. The favors probably came to an end. He showed up for work today, which was nice to see. The writing has gone a long way in making Dylan actually likable. It's amazing what happens when you don't prop up someone.

 

I noticed that too about Victoria and the drink and hugging Nikki. I thought something could have been played there, even if it was very minor.

 

It really sort of bugged me that Faith didn't seem to give two shits about her mother on Christmas Eve though.

Edited by KMan101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy