Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They writers have mentioned Mamie via the Abbott's so clearly she isn't forgotten. Also, there is only so much the writers can do now. They're clearly just in repair mode getting the characters back how they should be written, the tone of the show down and setting up for the future. Sussman has hardly even had any time to fire people (which is bound to come) and introduce new characters that will tie into her new stories. She hasn't even been on a month lol. Give her time. The show has made incredible strides in such a short time. I haven't seen a turnaround this successful for a show that was this bad in YEARS. 

• Members

Yeah, count me in as one who does not think the show is trying to wipe out the Barber family from show's history just cause they spoke of Mrs Martinez' history. Mamie and Lillie Bell are Johnsons (maiden name) anyway, right? But I tell you, I'd be ecstatic if Cane died and lily got rid of that made up Ashby name and her and her kids started going by "Barber-Winters".  I've always taken issue with the fact that Devon maintained Hamilton onscreen when his official name was Devon Hamilton Winters. I always felt like there was a concerted effort to keep him separate for some disgusting pairing with lily. But I digress....

I also would love if they used Mrs Martinez to bring on a new core family. I like her. Its a formula that worked well before. And Y&R is nothing if not formulaic.  I think there is a decent possibility this could happen. 

• Members

+1

Not really that big of a deal! It was one line during a Christmas Eve episode, there purely for emotional holiday brouhaha reasons. It gave me pause, but it is thoroughly irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.

And you're right MAB or Pratt would be panned, because this would be additional to their horrible stories and character assassinations. If MAB or Pratt wrote a good show too, people would move on just the same, especially in the early stage during a holiday episode. 

Like mentioned, the show is better and they're making genuine efforts to make it good. Some viewers are trying too hard to hate on the show already, and the material onscreen doesn't correspond to that. 

Merry Christmas! 

• Members

Ugh. It was just the random word I used. Like, "hate on so-and-so." An expression. Besides, it wasn't just about the most recent comments.

I suppose if people only have the slightest continuity errors to complain about then it must not be that bad, after all. But, anyway, Merry Christmas.

• Members

The show has gotten incredibly better, it's enjoyable and that's not an opinion, that's a fact lol. We can all nitpick on details but we must give credit where credit is due. Happy Hanukkah

Please register in order to view this content

Archived