YRBB

Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, Aback said:

The show has gotten incredibly better, it's enjoyable and that's not an opinion, that's a fact lol. We can all nitpick on details but we must give credit where credit is due. Happy Hanukkah :D

I have to agree. The show is much better. I think some of the dissatisfaction I've seen has been from specific character fans or single couple shippers. 

2 hours ago, GMac said:

Merry Christmas y'all :D

:D

On 12/25/2016 at 0:24 AM, DRW50 said:

I'm not sure anyone is damning SSM, but the whole retconned childhood memories with a character who wasn't around then will always be contrived. If MAB or Pratt or whoever had done it they would have been panned. 

Thank you so much, This was all I'm saying.  

On 12/24/2016 at 6:53 PM, YRfan23 said:

I don't know why, but it's always bothered me that they never cared to come up with a first name for Mrs. Martinez.....I guess because she's basically been played by different actresses on and off for over 20 years, and I know she was never suppose to be as close with the Abbotts as Mamie was, but now I feel the longevity of her working in that household would be enough to be granted a first name....i guess maybe if the show was ever interested in creating a Hispanic family, which unfortunately was dropped too soon with Estella and Rafe.

Wasn't Diego character Latin too? Wasn't his name also Martinez. Or am i just dreaming this character up. Wasn't that male keeper for the Newman Latin too.

10 minutes ago, MoTheGreat said:

Wasn't Diego character Latin too? Wasn't his name also Martinez. Or am i just dreaming this character up. Wasn't that male keeper for the Newman Latin too.

Diego was a Gutierrez, right? 

Yes, the Newmans housekeeper was Latino. 

Why couldn't Nick take a vacation to Belize with Summer? And take the baby too. So over all of this. Zzzzzzzz

Nikki looked nice again today.

I liked Devon and then Neil telling Lily what's up. Honestly she needs to move on.

I don't really need to see anymore flashbacks of Mariah falling and evil Hillary standing over her smirking. We get it.

I enjoyed the show today but not as much as the past shows. It felt a little slow.

Sharon is handling the loss of Christian very well. It's nice to see her so sane and sensible. For some reason, she seemed to be spoiling for a fight with Nikki, which didn't make sense. That ending with Dylan was staged very well. SBu is doing good work with this. 

Victor acting like a king and looking out over the city anointing Christian heir didn't go over like the show had hoped imo. I felt like he was basically disregarding all the other offspring. Felt too much like how he chose Nick over Victoria despite Victoria earning it with him handing it all to nick. 

Mariah is definitely going to retaliate against Hilary. She seems almost obsessed with her now. 

Lily needs a life of her own. She can't play mother to Devon. The show needs to stop. Beyond that, Lily has forgiven Cane for far worse than lying about a job offer. 

Edited by ajsp35801

Shylan  still callin him Sully, callin him their boy & now her lies causin Dylan to go nut nut!

Loving Hilary versus Mariah!

Edited by rlj

14 minutes ago, rlj said:

Sharon still callin him Sully, callin him their boy & now her lies causin Dylan to go nut nut!

Loving Hilary versus Mariah!

Dylan called him Sully, Sharon corrected him. You sound like Trump after Pence saw Hamilton. 

5 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

Diego was a Gutierrez, right? 

Yes, the Newmans housekeeper was Latino. 

Diego (Raul's older brother) was indeed Latino and like Raul the character was initially played by a Latino actor (until Y&R decided to pair Diego with white actresses & immediately recast the character with a white actor).

Edited by DeeeDee

1 hour ago, slick jones said:

Dylan called him Sully, Sharon corrected him. You sound like Trump after Pence saw Hamilton. 

You sound like Trump period

Shylan both called him Sully today and corrected quickly

Glad it was clarified that Shylan  were denied visitation so as not to confuse Christian, that's what Nick was saying.  I hope Dylan doesn't kidnap the boy!