YRBB

Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

30 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

Cassandra & Paul were popular. It was Brad & Cassandra the viewers didn't like.

Was that mostly because of Brad inheriting her fortune.....That plot point is always bizarre as it just seems like out of the blue Cassandra decided marrying Brad would push her agenda.

That was a big part of it. A lot of Paul and Cassandra fans were angry it took so long for them to be paired only for Y&R to thrust Brad in between them almost immediately. Then to add insult to injury her money was left to Brad (a character who still hadn't made a full transition to leading man yet). It makes sense when you know the original plan was a Paul/Cassandra/Brad triangle with Cassandra trying to play both ends against the middle.

6 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

That was a big part of it. A lot of Paul and Cassandra fans were angry it took so long for them to be paired only for Y&R to thrust Brad in between them almost immediately. Then to add insult to injury her money was left to Brad (a character who still hadn't made a full transition to leading man yet). It makes sense when you know the original plan was a Paul/Cassandra/Brad triangle with Cassandra trying to play both ends against the middle.

Brad reminds of Nick in that his only pairing that worked for me was with Tracy. The rest of the ladies were pure conquests/flirtations by the ladies. Actually, DD is still playing Brad on B&B if you think of about it....LOL  His acting never improved either like JM.

Brad had a lot of chemistry with Ashley (both ED & BE). He also had a decent amount with Alex Donnelly (a HUGE missed opportunity), Barbara Crampton (another huge missed opportunity) & Sharon Case (even if it was done to justify Nick & Phyllis).

I never cared for Brad & Nikki. Largely because it prevented the potential for Brad/Dru & Brad/Lauren both of whom he had more chemistry with than MTS.

You're totally right about Diamont still playing Brad on B&B though. Every time I watch he's romancing some new woman or caught in a love triangle with two sisters. :lol:

Edited by DeeeDee

13 minutes ago, DeeeDee said:

Brad had a lot of chemistry with Ashley (both ED & BE). He also had a decent amount with Alex Donnelly (a HUGE missed opportunity), Barbara Crampton (another huge missed opportunity) & Sharon Case (even if it was done to justify Nick & Phyllis).

I never cared for Brad & Nikki. Largely because it prevented the potential for Brad/Dru & Brad/Lauren both of whom he had more chemistry with than MTS.

You're totally right about Diamont still playing Brad on B&B though. Every time I watch he's romancing some new woman or caught in a love triangle with two sisters. :lol:

I still feel having Lauren leaving  Y&R after 1995, ruined a potential Lauren/Brad/Nikki triangle.

I never liked Brad, but I still feel he's less arrogant then Bill is on B&B! LOL

Rewatching the classic episode, and I noticed something. They edited out the "original" Y&R theme and replaced it with the "new" 1988 version. There are only very subtle changes between the two arrangements, but once you know they're there, you can always tell the difference.