Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People mentionned Jack/Patty scenes but I am quite sure they were on the episode before this one. Years ago, wost.org uploaded the wedding episode and the previous one: we saw Julia and Lorie visiting Victor at his pad before the wedding, and I'm quite sure Jack and Patty were on this particular episode.

That's one of the question about the show history I never had a sure answer. Robert Colbert was axed in September/October 1983 but he seemed to have vanished with no explanation while Liz remained on the show until late 1984/early 1985. Julianna McCarthy was mentionned to been let go of the show in the SOD issue from 10/09/84.

• Members

I just caught up with the last couple of episodes. I have to be honest, I was really disappointed.

As far as production quality, I suppose it was above anything JFP produced (I wasn't watching), it certainly was not even remotely in the same league as past Y&R events. If anything the Gala was on par with some late P&G soap events... They had the whole cast plus a handful of extras in that lame, horribly lit set.

I have grown tired of the writers' favoritism towards Mariah. Not even Jack got mad at her. Her stupid trick let the event 'trend' on social media... Whatever. As if anyone would care about a Gala in Wisconsin and the pettiness between the host and the producer.

Hillary jumping off the stage to get at Mariah was unprofessional. I don't mind Devon crashing his car, just as long as he does not lose his memory or ends up on a wheelchair.

Boy, Neil has become so irrelevant. I was never a fan but I feel sorry for the actor.

I hope they don't go the insane-route with Ravi. I like him.

Nick+Chelsea and Victoria+Billy were fast-forward material. I am not that excited about Reed coming back. I'm like 'yay, another Newman offspring'. I wish the writers went all Keemo on the Newman kids.

Abby is ridiculous. She literally pushed away a diginitary who was talking to Victor. And then again she pushed Mariah towards Ravi in such a goofy manner. Her relationship with Victor feels lacking. Abby should be constantly torn between the Abbotts and the Newmans, her father and Uncle Jack, plus Real Victoria would never ever get along with her. The story writes itself, but the writers are at a loss when it comes to Abby. Please God, let them recast her.

Overall the last couple of episodes were unimpressive at best... But I will keep watching of course, I'm waiting for SM's stories to kick into gear with the new year...

• Members

I'm enjoying what I've seen so far, but we'll need more time and to trim some of the dead weight. I still won't go back to watching completely until they put something over that camera lens. It won't ever look as elegant and rich until they go back to that. I fear Mal never will.

• Members

I know this episode used to be around. I thought I might have downloaded it at one point but I'm not sure. I'd love to know what was taken out, since it wasn't the Patty/Jack scenes. 

I enjoyed this more than I thought I would - it was lovely to go back to all the glamour (no fake tans, no fake boobs, no raggedy-ass hair extensions, no Botox, no 40-50 year old women who think they can be 18 forever) and the class of Bill Bell's Y&R. I was swept up in how gorgeous everything was. 

It was strange to see Ashley so happy and positive as most of my memories of Eileen's Ashley are very somber. 

I thought I'd be more emotional at seeing Katherine again, but I realized in my mind Katherine and Jeanne will live forever. I was more emotional seeing Carolyn Conwell and Julianna McCarthy again.

You could see what a soft spot Bill Bell had for Lorie as you compare her airtime to all the other returnees. She would have fit into that era of the show very easily. Seeing her and seeing Julia made me sad because I kept thinking of that horrible, horrible, horrible "Victor's women" storyline

Please register in order to view this content

I know that Ashley's boyfriend got Julia pregnant but I don't know the outcome of that story or what happened to Eric? 

• Members

Bill LOVED Eileen but he knew she was VERY difficult when it came to relationships.

She & Eric were meant to be a long term couple but they never became super popular so he ditched Eric & chem tested Ashley with Marc (which also failed). Bell lucked into Ash/Victor which is why the love triangle that will never die became so huge.

• Members

I'm glad the history between Ashley and Julia was brought up because I was wondering what was up with their weird interaction at the wedding. Without context ut almost seemed like Ashley was subtly making fun of her not having a date.  It was something in the way Eileen Davidson played those scenes.

I had a bit of a chuckle seeing Nikki, Ashley, and Diane ... if they only knew they'd one day being passing around Victor's frozen sperm. Good Lawd!

Archived