Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

6 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Whose wedding? Nikki and Victor?

Yes!

11 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

Their 1984 wedding. Don't know the exact date, maybe someone here does

The episode originally aired on 4/13/84!

Edited by CBRVA83

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DeeeDee said:

Diego (Raul's older brother) was indeed Latino and like Raul the character was initially played by a Latino actor (until Y&R decided to pair Diego with white actresses & immediately recast the character with a white actor).

Unsurprising. But are you sure that was the reason. They paired Raul with white actresses too...although they never truly committed with him as constant second banana. You know what? Never mind. Lol

32 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

Unsurprising. But are you sure that was the reason. They paired Raul with white actresses too...although they never truly committed with him as constant second banana. You know what? Never mind. Lol

Maybe the first actor that played Diego was darker then the guy who played Raul.

Really Devon doesn't even have courtesy to call Mariah? It's not only unrealistic, but also completely out of character for Devon. He begged Mariah to come back and he wouldn't tell her Hilary is back. All for a one minute scene for Hilary/Mariah? 

4 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

Really Devon doesn't even have courtesy to call Mariah? It's not only unrealistic, but also completely out of character for Devon. He begged Mariah to come back and he wouldn't tell her Hilary is back. All for a one minute scene for Hilary/Mariah? 

Honestly, I didn't even think that was a big deal and didn't think anything of Devon not telling Mariah until I saw others mentioning it. So I'm probably a bit out of step on this. 

I think they are building up to something with Mariah and both Hilary and Devon. Maybe the show wants Mariah to be upset with him too so he's not a consideration for whatever choices she makes. Maybe she sues him. 

I don't see how it's a big deal either.  He showed up on set and thanked her for helping out.  He was in need of a host on short notice when he showed up at Sharon's begging her to take the job, completely different scenario.  

I'm getting a stalker vibe from Ravi.  Just sayin.

6 minutes ago, GMac said:

I sort of do too but I hope writers will just make it a crush, in the end.  Please don't "Carmine" this character.

19 minutes ago, GMac said:

I don't see how it's a big deal either.  He showed up on set and thanked her for helping out.  He was in need of a host on short notice when he showed up at Sharon's begging her to take the job, completely different scenario.  

Me too. I think it's sopposed to be cute and awkward. But Ravi is coming off as weird 

13 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

I sort of do too but I hope writers will just make it a crush, in the end.  Please don't "Carmine" this character.

Ravi would be good with Mariah. So I hope they don't take him crazy. 

3 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

Me too. I think it's sopposed to be cute and awkward. But Ravi is coming off as weird 

Ravi would be good with Mariah. So I hope they don't take him crazy. 

Mariah is really the only character I can honestly see him with (unless Abby and Summer get recast).  Regardless of that, I would like to see his character stick around, get a backstory, let us find out who he is, maybe see some family members in the future. 

7 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Mariah is really the only character I can honestly see him with (unless Abby and Summer get recast).  Regardless of that, I would like to see his character stick around, get a backstory, let us find out who he is, maybe see some family members in the future. 

I agree. But I bet they try to force him with Abby. She's a younger version of Ashley. I figure when he meets her, he will transfer his attentions. 

5 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

I enjoyed the show today but not as much as the past shows. It felt a little slow.

Sharon is handling the loss of Christian very well. It's nice to see her so sane and sensible. For some reason, she seemed to be spoiling for a fight with Nikki, which didn't make sense. That ending with Dylan was staged very well. SBu is doing good work with this. 

Victor acting like a king and looking out over the city anointing Christian heir didn't go over like the show had hoped imo. I felt like he was basically disregarding all the other offspring. Felt too much like how he chose Nick over Victoria despite Victoria earning it with him handing it all to nick. 

Mariah is definitely going to retaliate against Hilary. She seems almost obsessed with her now. 

Lily needs a life of her own. She can't play mother to Devon. The show needs to stop. Beyond that, Lily has forgiven Cane for far worse than lying about a job offer. 

He was very good today and the way the scene was set up was well done.  I love these soapy moments when the writing, acting, direction and production come together like it did for that scene.

It wasn't the strongest show but I mostly enjoyed it.

The acoustic music cues that accompanied some of Sharon's stuff were good.  And I like that they're using Nadia's theme with different arrangements.

Count me in on not wanting to see Crazy Ravi and I like the idea of him and Mariah.  

Edited by GMac
2 minutes ago, GMac said:

He was very good today and the way the scene was set up was well done.  I love these soapy moments when the writing, acting, direction and production come together like it did for that scene.

It wasn't the strongest show but I mostly enjoyed it.

The acoustic music cues that accompanied some of Sharon's stuff were good.  And I like that they're using Nadia's theme with different arrangements.

I haven't even noticed the different arrangements for Nadia's theme. Now I'll be listening for it from here on out.