YRBB

Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

22 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

LOL. I noticed it too and thought she looked fantastic. Finally. Meanwhile Heinle continues to look like a mess but her "unruly" kids sort of suits it today I guess so I'll let it pass.

Mishael Morgan today :wub:

MM, yes.  She is something else.  The Hevon conversation was the most honest one they've had, ever.  Dig it.

This was a good episode.  The flashback with Victor and Nick.  There sure was a lot of Newmans at the ranch lol.  They were coming outta the woodworks!

Very close to a classic Y&R Christmas show.

29 minutes ago, ryanc said:

Yeah what the hell was Nikki wearing? She looked like the only one who wasn't dressed up.

Well, I guess it was green. Was that supposed to be holly on her dress? LOL. It was ugly.

29 minutes ago, GMac said:

MM, yes.  She is something else.  The Hevon conversation was the most honest one they've had, ever.  Dig it.

This was a good episode.  The flashback with Victor and Nick.  There sure was a lot of Newmans at the ranch lol.  They were coming outta the woodworks!

Very close to a classic Y&R Christmas show.

I watched B&B today too for a change and even that got to me, despite the trash it seems to have become. I guess I'm just in the holiday spirit! LOL

2 hours ago, YRBB said:

I think you're lovely, so please take this in the spirit in which it is meant:

I understand you're a Hevon stan and that, coupled with daytime's obvious issues regarding race, and the fact that you dislike Camryn Grimes as an actress, has sent you into a tailspin for the better part of a month now. I suppose it's the perfect storm. It rubs you the wrong way, and I get it.

There is undeniable racism in daytime, but none of that has had anything to do with this particular story, or most on this board. I don't know who you think "lacks respect" or worse, but nobody here would have much to say about actors commenting on characters. Not to mention, I just don't see what's wrong with an actress defending herself on Twitter, although I'd generally just stay out of that cesspool myself. Many actors/actresses do that.

Much of this thread has been about random stuff and while a lot of the discussion was wonderful, you are making way more out of the whole thing than is even there. IF and when the material onscreen corresponds with the accusations & insinuations, then we can all go to town with it! 

For now, can we, indeed, carry on?

A) I didn't say anything about race or imply this was racist. I don't think it is. 

B ) I don't dislike CG as an actress or a person. I don't think she's as great as some of you do which I have said. But that doesn't mean I am against her. If you may recall, I have defended her against some here who made fun of her looks. 

C) I don't think my opinion on the matter has to do with me being a hevon stan. 

D) and I don't appreciate you implying that I'm off or irrational for my very valid opinions this "month".

You disagree with my opinion on this, which is fine. And please take this in the spirit its given, please save the lecture for someone who actually needs it. You know, someone who might be spiralling. 

22 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Well, I guess it was green. Was that supposed to be holly on her dress? LOL. It was ugly.

I watched B&B today too for a change and even that got to me, despite the trash it seems to have become. I guess I'm just in the holiday spirit! LOL

Bold was really good. I loved their caroling. 

Today's Y&R was really good. 

The things I didn't like was Sharon going on and on about Christian when he wasn't the only child she didn't get to see. Nick brought sully but not faith. That part was poorly written. As well as nick and nikki discussing the passing of tradition. We had the flashback so the dialogue was unnecessary. We didn't need you be told. The lighting in the park scene was too dark. I could hardly see. But otherwise was very good. 

Edited by ajsp35801

6 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

A) I didn't say anything about race or imply this was racist. I don't think it is. 

B ) I don't dislike CG as an actress or a person. I don't think she's as great as some of you do which I have said. But that doesn't mean I am against her. If you may recall, I have defended her against some here who made fun of her looks. 

D) and I don't appreciate you implying that I'm off or irrational for my very valid opinions this "month".

You disagree with my opinion on this, which is fine. And please take this in the spirit its given, please save the lecture for someone who actually needs it. You know, someone who might be spiralling. 

Bold was really good. I loved their caroling. 

Today's Y&R was really good. 

The things I didn't like was Sharon going on and on about Christian when he wasn't the only child she didn't get to see. Nick brought Noah but not faith. That part was poorly written. As well as nick and nikki discussing the passing of tradition. We had the flashback so the dialogue was unnecessary. We didn't need you be told. The lighting in the park scene was too dark. I could hardly see. But otherwise was very good. 

Well Sharon sees Faith all the time, so..

1 minute ago, ryanc said:

Well Sharon sees Faith all the time, so..

It's Christmas and the child just decided she was going to live somewhere else. I'd think that would weigh just as heavily as Christian. Noah didn't stop by either. 

26 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

It's Christmas and the child just decided she was going to live somewhere else. I'd think that would weigh just as heavily as Christian. Noah didn't stop by either. 

Somehow I totally missed that, but I tend to agree.  Faith's leaving was even more recent than Christian, so that should have been just as painful.  Perhaps it wasn't played because she's still in Faiths life to some degree?  

I liked the opening for B&B, but that's all I saw of it.

48 minutes ago, ajsp35801 said:

Agreed! She has other kids .... and Faith not going to see Sharon? I mean, GMAB.

@KMan101 and @GMac,  that part of the show had the Pratt/JFP feel to it. Instead of playing what made sense for the character, they wrote to the beat they wanted to play with Christian drama. They had being doing much better with this stuff lately. So it really stood out to me. 

1 hour ago, ajsp35801 said:

Goddammit, ajsp35801. God[!@#$%^&*]dammit. :(

I shouldn't have even bothered.

You've just proven everything I said.

Moving on.

4 hours ago, slick jones said:

Please stop making more than is necessary. It is an article in which a CHARACTER refers to their thoughts about another CHARACTER.   Kick back, relax and enjoy the holidays.  I'm sure MM isn't sitting around flipping out over the article.

+1

3 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I wanted to say something similar as well but this post really summed it up. I want to say that I really do love @ajsp35801's posts, but yes, this post by YRBB is very true. It's being made more than it is.

+1

15 minutes ago, YRBB said:

Goddammit, ajsp35801. God[!@#$%^&*]dammit. :(

I shouldn't have even bothered.

You've just proven everything I said.

Moving on.

+1

+1

I said I understood you didn't agree on this particular issue. No big deal. But I needed to clear up some misinformation in your post cause I didn't want to be misunderstood. I might be a little crazy as most soap viewers are, but I'm not irrational. 😂 

No hard feelings. 

46 minutes ago, slick jones said:

t2ZRQS8.gif

None of that! lol I voiced my opinion (and the opinion of quite a few others) calmly and respectfully, and only got sarcasm and derision in return, along with blatant untruths that could easily be proven wrong, if only I cared enough to bother. It's cool, though. 

Dylan spoiler 

I think Dylan is gonna go crazy. At the end of today's CDN episode, Sharon walks downstairs while he is holding an imaginary baby. LOOL