Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Through Mariah's character, that's how  Hilary has treated her, She's just trying to get readers to buy the magazine and engage viewers. I'm sure CG isn't standing around at a Christmas party talking like that. It's promotion--Mount Saint Hinsey Style.

h

@mr. sweet Judith Chapman is wonderful, but Gloria can grate on you, depending on the writing...we'll see soon!

• Members

Not ripping you but IMO, CK and AH are in the exact same range as MO and HHK. None of them are very strong. I see no difference between any of them. AH sometimes tries. MO tries. HHK apparently hones her comedic skills but fails to hone her dramatic skills. CK is no different than MO, IMO.

I agree about CG. Mariah would have to know Hillary wanted to sabotage her. Hillary HAS been untrustworthy to them and Sharon and Dylan. I don't love it, but they have every right to dislike her. Hillary HAS been nasty to Mariah. As I have said, this feud the show wants between them just isn't going to work. JMO. They should be friends instead. Mariah wasn't exactly a saint when she came to GC.

As they should be. I hope that call was for Scotty. They were mentioned a few times IIRC and they even had Gloria on the phone with Fen. I also liked they brought up Michael and Kevin's pasts when they each first came to GC and how they are now on the right side of the law. Little things like that give viewers insight to a character and their past. I liked it. I haven't loved the whitewashing of Kevin over the years, he came on QUITE rough and strong, I won't forget, but it does elicit a chuckle that Kevin now works for the GCPD. Only on a soap folks.

• Members

Except that I've never seen anyone else go heavy handed on another's character in a mag. Aren't they all in the habit of selling mags. None of the other women whose character Hilary has gone up against did this. Neither CK nor ED ever has.  I'm sorry but after thinking about it, i see it as unprofessional and in poor taste. Especially coming from CG whose skin is so thin that she battles folks on twitter and boards whosee remarks she doesn't like. 

I think saying, "Hilary has no boundaries to achieving her goal" would be a far more diplomatic response. 

• Members

EB DID call SC crazy in an interview. I don't remember anyone here saying anything about it. There were a few people on twitter tweeting him and saying "that wasn't nice" and stuff like that but I didn't think anything of it. Again, from Victors perspective and a lot of the viewers Sharon does look crazy. Lol. 

So, then, you agree that he's nuts?
I must say that I don't like the extremes of the story sometimes but, look, it makes for good drama. Victor does not think his decisions are crazy, nor do I when you examine them closely. He does what he does for his business—and business people are ruthless, as we know—the rest he does for his family, however ill-conceived his choices may be. He has a rather distorted view of family because he grew up in an orphanage. He's basically a loner who trusts no one. If there's any pathology in Victor Newman, that's where it lies. Yes, he may seem obsessed sometimes, like with Phyllis, but that was only because she was the only one who had the facts on Sharon. Now, you want to talk about a nutcase? Sharon is a realnutcase! Victor pales in comparison.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Please stop making more than is necessary. It is an article in which a CHARACTER refers to their thoughts about another CHARACTER.   Kick back, relax and enjoy the holidays.  I'm sure MM isn't sitting around flipping out over the article.

• Members

I think you're lovely, so please take this in the spirit in which it is meant:

I understand you're a Hevon stan and that, coupled with daytime's obvious issues regarding race, and the fact that you dislike Camryn Grimes as an actress, has sent you into a tailspin for the better part of a month now. I suppose it's the perfect storm. It rubs you the wrong way, and I get it.

There is undeniable racism in daytime, but none of that has had anything to do with this particular story, or most on this board. I don't know who you think "lacks respect" or worse, but nobody here would have much to say about actors commenting on characters. Not to mention, I just don't see what's wrong with an actress defending herself on Twitter, although I'd generally just stay out of that cesspool myself. Many actors/actresses do that.

Much of this thread has been about random stuff and while a lot of the discussion was wonderful, you are making way more out of the whole thing than is even there. IF and when the material onscreen corresponds with the accusations & insinuations, then we can all go to town with it! 

For now, can we, indeed, carry on?

• Members

I wanted to say something similar as well but this post really summed it up. I want to say that I really do love @ajsp35801's posts, but yes, this post by YRBB is very true. It's being made more than it is.

Anyway ... I'm actually excited to watch today's episode. Yes "boring old Y&R" ...

Please register in order to view this content

It's so nice to have heart back on the show and someone who cares about the show writing for it. Will everything be spectacular? No. There's going to be clunkers but I see this transition period as re-establishing the canvas. And she's doing a great job at it.

Ugh. Devon needs to tell Lily to stay out of his marriage, whether she has the right intentions or not. This boy needs to grow a pair in all honesty.

Archived