Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just streamed Gloria's return and it honestly felt like a Pratt episode because it made no sense. Yes, I love Judith Chapman, but Gloria not being aware of Chloe being back and that's she with Kevin? Cmon. Gloria was all over 'FacePlace' as I recall and are we to believe that Chelsea wouldn't mention Chloe to Anita who would go to Jeffrey etc. Again, like so many Pratt episodes the individual scenes were ok and provided good laughs but it just rang completely false. If Gloria said I came back because things were getting too tight with Kevin/Chloe, I'd buy it. And even though we really don't need another woman in Jill/Nikki age group, Gloria does pull together a lot of characters that need some cohesiveness. 

• Members

Well, to be fair, who would tell Gloria that Chloe and Kevin are together? I doubt they'd advertise all over "FacePlace" and Michael and Lauren know how Gloria feels so why would they say anything? I agree it was kind of jarring she didn't know but when you think about it, it makes sense she was in the dark. Why would Chelsea say anything either?

Today's episode is really enjoyable. I really like Thompson as Billy. So, haters gonna hate but I think he has great brother chemistry with Maitland and Davidson.

Devon and Hillary actually seemed like a couple in love and Oregano's former place is decorated really nicely and Hillary looks AMAZING and FLAWLESS

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Chloe has been living with Chelsea for almost 6 months.  And I can't believe that Kevin, Chloe and Chelsea wouldn't have posted a single picture that would 'reveal' that Chloe and Bella aren't in their lives. No Bella/Connor at pumpkin patch pix, etc? Right. Not to mention the GC Buzz piece that makes it clear that Chlesea/Chloe are tied to hip. If Gloria wasn't established as social media savvy, I'd concede it. She'd definitley have seen the GC Buzz viral video of Mariah aka Kevin's 'best bud.'  Are we really to believe Gloria not only cut herself off physically from her children, but also stopped monitoring their every move? Again, it's not a big deal but it concerns me that the writers are falling back to quick staged plot points to fill airtime. 

• Members

Gloria not knowing about Kevin and Chloe getting back together isn't that big a deal for me. They literally just started dating again and they've been keeping it on the down low. Chloe just moved in with him like what? A couple weeks ago? 

• Members

I thoroughly enjoyed today's show. 

Jack playing grinch is understandable. He shouldn't accept billy or forgive him. However, I think the show has effectively made him the bad guy. And PB managed to convey some regret in Jack's stance in not forgiving billy and phyllis. So it's clear that phack aren't done. And as I thought earlier, Lauren's story is going to really be a phack story. Next Christmas, they'll be together. Operation redeem Billy is in full effect. A gift for Mrs Martinez? I guess. 

Gloria was funny but I didn't enjoy those wise cracks about that child. She has no reason not to accept Bella. Chloe isn't foisting her on Kevin any more than she did Delia. What's the difference? 

Devon and Hilary were great. And I agree with @KMan101 in that they finally looked like a couple in love that actually like each other. Even when Hilary was curbing him earlier in the episode, it had more affection to it. More authenticity. See, Hilary can scheme and win without those looks behind devon's back. It's unnecessary. 

I see folks saying devon is weak for giving her what she wanted but really, he didn't give in to anything. He still expects her to uphold the same standards as before. He's given up nothing. 

I also appreciate what they are doing with the agent. He's making it clear that hilary has a huge career ahead of her and could go anywhere but she's choosing to stand by Devon because she loves him. At this point, the audience needs to hear that over and over.

Lily needs a story!

Each set was lavishly decorated. Those trees were gorgeous. The show looked lush and like the residents are wealthy. Mal has done a great job with that. 

Archived