Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How about Adam just stays dead. Although I don't know what that says for Chloe.

Because I was watching on and off during that time but how was Chloe acting after the cabin. I'm guessing no one knew she was there with Adam. Does anyone suspect her, at least? Or know something? Did I miss any big fallout from this?

• Members

I remember all that but to me it was Muhney pandering. I didn't put any stock into it. I get why it bothered you and others but it wasn't like the show was pushing it. It was Muhney and it was tacky on his part. I also started tuning out around that period so maybe I missed something on-screen. I didn't take it the way you did but I see why you would. It was all in bad taste really. The show never had any intention on making it more than it was IMO and that's what I was going off of.

• Members

If I hadn't read the interview with MAB patting herself on the back for her brave progressiveness (which amounted to this and Philip abandoning his wife and newborn baby because he was gay), I don't know how I would have felt, but something about the way it was done reminded me of really sleazy stuff from Celluloid Closet. 

• Members

Yeah, MAB was in another world in her brain. She had no clue what she was doing and thought because her last name was Bell she knew what the show needed to be. I thought it was irresponsible, the entire Phillip mess. You have an amazing memory because I rarely remember any of this stuff, to be honest with you. I wish soaps were more responsible, but they aren't. And I rarely put any stock into what the "press" says. They pander to the shows because they don't want to lose any coverage they might get. It's a bad cycle. I'm slightly generalizing but you get the idea.

• Members

I remember one day after the explosion there was a scene where Chloe had snuck off to someplace and it just showed her bending down to someone, and it was the person's view of them looking up at her through blurry/fuzzy eyes, and she said something like 'how are you doing?' in a sweet little voice.  Of course that's easily ignored/forgotten, but this already hinted that she had Adam somewhere.

Archived