Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I loved Vail Bloom and Chris Engen

Please register in order to view this content

I don't know why anyone got up in arms over Adam and Rafe. Adam was a manipulator and that showed what he would do. I dunno, it never bothered me much. I saw it for what it was. I know some fantasized he was but I didn't expect them to ever make him so. It's no different than a man seducing a woman to get what he wants. Sure it probably sends the wrong message at the end of the day but eh ... Muhney's Adam was far more deplorable and it didn't help the actor was a skeeze and always looked slimy. Sorry to his stans but it's true.

• Members

I agree. My experience with obsessive character stans would be in regards to Nick, Sharon, Adam, and Victor (especially Adam). You say a negative comment about Adam, and it's lights out. lol. Not necessarily talking about this board but this seems to be the characters I see the most fights about. It's difficult having a conversation sometimes when it comes to these characters. 

Yes, they were a hot couple. I miss Rafe. I really liked him. And that plot twist with Adam sleeping with Rafe was a shocker in a good way. They dropped the ball with it once they phased Rafe out. Sad. 

• Members

I liked Rafe too. The actor went on to do some things. Wasn't he in Pretty Little Liars or some show on ABC Family/Freeform? He's been around. I thought they completely wasted him after that. Shame.

So bad. You went from a maybe late 20-something/early 30-something Adam to a middle aged creep. And the stories they gave him were atrocious, doing the character no favors.

Hartley was a good in-between. I applaud Sally for resting the character and not really seeing the need to rush him back onto the canvas. I hope it doesn't have to do with Hartley being unavailable because I do think he's recastable at some point. Not right away and the show doesn't need him at the moment.

As for today, Nick was completely over the top blaming Sharon for being the one to upset Faith. Nick was the one who wanted to barge over there and drag Faith away, all worried about Sharon "brainwashing" her. I mean, Nick sounds like a moron for even thinking that. He can hate Sharon for keeping Oregano's kid away from him, that's fine, but he sounded ridiculous today. Sharon is being written as sane and logical. I know that's hard to fathom for the Sharon haters because she was written as a loon for so long but this is the Sharon I remember, mostly. And all stripper drunkard Nikki was doing was enabling her overgrown fratboy of a son. The writing didn't really do Nick any favors today. And that's the last I'm saying on that.

• Members

The Adam thing got crazy, especially when all of that stuff went down about MM. I lost a lot of respect for some of my twitter "friends" over that situation. I will never understand how some middle aged adults (who are old enough to know better) behaved online when all of that came out.

• Members

Yeah the MM stans were the worst. 

About the whole Sharon/Nick stuff. Does anyone remember a couple weeks ago when Nick came into Crimson lights with Christian and demanded that Sharon leave? Even though she was there first and her husband owns the place.. 

Obviously I blame that more on the sloppy writing because in any case it should have been Nick who left, but still that didn't do his character any favours. He looked like a total ass who thinks he can just boss people around anytime, any place. 

• Members

The one positive thing I'll say is MM had chemistry with both Chelsea and Sharon, but the actor was too full of himself and you could tell he thought he was the sh*t. And after what went down backstage, he better not be setting foot on the Y&R set again. That would be disgusting and a shitstorm will start. 

Archived