Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I got up in arms because it was pushed and pushed by the soap "press" and by Muhney as something shocking and daring, and look out world, and how there would be all this hot stuff that Engen refused to play, when it was basically just stilted scenes with Rafe looking like a complete moron. No kissing, no intimacy unless you count putting his dirty thumb on Rafe's lower lip. Nothing. And this was touted by MAB and her shills as progressive and daring. Ha-ha scenes like Nick joking that Adam was a drag queen were supposed to be progressive and daring. 

It was just a tacky variation on how bisexuality and homosexuality = depraved perversion of psychopaths, pushed and pushed as some kind of incredible brave new storytelling.

• Members

The Lauren/Jill scenes were great. The one thing I'm still missing are darker scenes. Sadly, I think Mal Young won't go back to how Y&R used to look years ago. There was a certain feel Y&R used to have- with the background music and the general darker feel of the show. The darkness would also add to the elegant feeling the show used to have. It looks a bit like a cheap imitation at times. Still, I won't complain much as long as the writing is on point.

Archived