Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with that! When King first came on she was breath of fresh air as opposed to the first Summer. I forget the actress name but she was dreadful. King shined in the bullying story and in her own paternity story with her relationship with Jack but somehow they botched her character up probably around the Austin story. 

• Members

I guess I was surprised by who ended up being stans. There were people I thought I knew who I never thought would support someone who seemed guilty as sin.  I was a fan. I thought he played dickish Adam just right, but the second I heard what happened? No way.

• Members

The only thing Abby has going for her is that she is Ashley's daughter but I've thinking about this: has Abby had one single good storyline? Because I can't think of a single one. Some might say her storyline with Carmine but I even think that was a dud. Adult Abby has been constantly stuck in bland or horrible storylines. Actually come to think of it, I liked her with Tyler but that was over before it even started. 

• Members

God can Nick be written to be anymore of a caveman douche bag. I feel like I'm supposed to be on his side because of what Sharon did, but they write him as such an ass it's hard to feel bad for him.

And Victor has totally had a personality transplant.

• Members

I was told to stop using the phrase "She needs an acting coach" by a poster here about five months ago---yet here we are saying the same things about her. She' hasn't improved in over a year--not even her scenes with Luca were that good. 

She's the one to say when she'll go...thanks to slimy Michael Muhney. And yes, I know there are posters that don't agree...but, she's still here and she is still just as bad. She was a better actress when she started...now she is just "there".

• Members

I think Hunter King is talented. I do think some other boards' criticism of her is colored by her being allegedly 'responsible' for Muhney's firing, which I think is disgusting. No one deserves what allegedly went down there. I don't think that's generally the case on this forum, and I do think she was overexposed by the last two regimes and pushed into the frontburner beyond her ability. I think she's good at certain things but cannot be expected to be the show's star heroine. I liked her and even I got tired of her.

• Members

These 2 things are accurate imo. Why CP pushed that child as THE show's star is beyond me. Poor girl was asked to do way more than she's capable. She was just lost. I felt bad for her when she had so mich dialogue that she lost her voice. It was just too much. I don't think many actresses on the show could have pulled off what they tried to do with her without resentment from a large part of the audience. SC?...and...TEB?.......that's all I got. 

• Members

JM could soften up what's written, but he tends to play Nick as aggressive. It's just his go to persona in the role. All I can say is if someone had kept my child from me, I'd be in no hurry to change a custody agreement to give them more time with my other child.  From where I'm sitting it doesn't even make sense that Dylan is pushing Sharon to ask for it.  Even to the point of going to court? It's just nuts. If I were Nick I would not give one inch unless Faith asked me to directly.

Archived