Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

HA! I totally agree.

One more unpopular opinion: I am as happy to see Jill on my screen as the next person, however I cannot stand JW's acting style. She gets hysteric, waving her hands all around and just never demanding respect. You see Jill and you see someone you can totally stump on, because you just know nothing will happen besides the screaming and shouting. I wish she would start acting more like a cold-hearted, intimidating matriarch who is holding it together...

• Members

Jill goes from 1 to 1,000,000 in a nano second for no reason. I think TPTB believe it's a throwback when it's more annoying than anything. She doesn't have conversations anymore so I can't enjoy it. While I appreciate the history lessons, this show needs to move forwards and Jill needs to grow!  

• Members

I'm tired of the Faith angst.  I have a con call but was listening and she's whining about wanting to choose where to live.  She's spent months asking if she could go home with Sharon or go home with Nick.  She's chosen on many occasions to go to one place or the other -  not always Nick or Sharon fighting over it.  Wahhh wahhh your family is loaded and you have such a tough life.  Sorry, I'm a cold hearted *itch....but shut up already.  I heard her decision and I want Sharon or Nick or both to say...OK, you made your decision now you understand...you're not going to be pitting us all against each other if you don't get your way, wanting to go here or there when things don't work out for ya.  You made your choice, now live with it.

• Members

No, and I wouldn't want her to be written as such, but characters being in romantic relationships is a part of the show. That's why I mentioned Adam and Hilary being a good match. Adam was ruthless and Hilary is ruthless. I'm not really a fan of Michael Muhney but I remember he had some chemistry with the actress who played Skye and Hilary kind of reminds me of her.

• Members

Any character worth a lick should not be defined by the man/woman they are involved with. That's been the BIGGEST problem with soap writing for years now. When a character is brought into the story, they need to establish who the character is--then start to interact with a love interest.

Romance is important, but if the character is only there for the pairing, then they become easily replaceable.

Gloria:  "Kevin, she looks just like you"  Really, Bella looks like a forty year old Queen with a receding hairline?

I'm enjoying a break from the GCBuzz set, but I miss the characters.

Faith is a spoiled brat, but she(like Noah) has a point about the fighting.

At least Gloria asked about Adam's death/Chloe.

Archived