Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Honestly, I would bring John back. No one would resent that, despite ghost John. It's as simple as John has been in witness protection because he discovered something in prison and had to protect his kids. He's still married to Gloria and the show can go from there. Aunt Jack cannot fill the patriarch role despite being older than John was when he was introduced. It's best way to cement Abbott family. They've cleared way with Gloria being free of Jeffrey so why not? Would it help or hurt show to being John back? 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eh...It wasn't that great of a show. Tracy and Ashley golden as always. The whole Abbott angst was good even though I don't care that Billy slept with Phyllis. Funny how Jack is so ready to forgive Phylliss but not Billy.

The Baldwin clan get together was only bearable because of Lauren and Phylliss. I could care less about Michael, Kevin, Chloe and Gloria. And what happened to Esther?? Did she just vanish??

Devon is such a fool. If this leads to a breakup with Hillary...then I am all for it. Can't stand the couple together. Lily...ugh....cant stand her or the husband.

And why in the hell was Jill spending Christmas Eve with her fake son Cane?? She should have spent it will Billy at the Abbott Mansion. It would have added more fireworks when Jack arrived.

• Members

I know, right?  I adore her.

Really?!?!  I really enjoyed it.  

JTs Billy really does work with Traci and Ashley, and Jack's cold reaction to him worked for me.  From the gift to Ms. Martinez, Traci's prayer at the end of the show...I thought it was well done.

I can tolerate the Baldwins in small doses and since we've not seen much of them lately, it was ok for me.  I'm actually in agreement with others that it was good to see Gloria again.  Good point about Esther.

I think CK has it in her to give a Dru-ish edge to Lily, but not as long as she's with Cane.  Today she shot daggers at Hil with a simple look.  She is written so plain jane, it's silly that Dru's daughter is such a nothing character.

• Members

I think it was another thread that we were discussing this. But I fear that the show may have given up on Lily now that they have Hilary. I've written to let them know that's unacceptable. There is no way that Dru and Neil's daughter would be some uneducated, unambitious MILF paired up with a nobody white con man with her only claim to fame is as his sex kitten.  It's unacceptable and they need to do something about it! 

• Members

That's for sure. Lily definitely has the death stare and attitude down but I feel it's misdirected at Hillary. She looks ridiculous to me all up in Hillary and Devon's business. I get why she is, and maybe it's the way Christel plays it, but it doesn't work for me. She looks silly.

But yes, Hillary and Mishael was flawless today. Loved it. I liked that they included Jill because it got Jill and Hillary in the same room and they even had a scene together, so that made me happy. But yeah, Jill spending time there kind of surprised me but it makes sense because of the kids, I guess. I felt good watching the show today so I went with it and I even actually liked the Baldwin-Fisher's today, so shoot me

Please register in order to view this content

Jack and Phyllis clearly aren't done with each other. I liked their scenes. I sort of wish Jack had given in and let Billy eat with them, I mean it is Traci and Ashley's house too so his stance is a bit much for me, but I also liked that he didn't, LOL. So, the angst was pretty good.

• Members

Very much in agreement with most here: Wonderful episode. Hilary/Devon & JT's sibling chemistry with ED and BM stood out the most, and I even liked Lily's scheming.

I'm excited about the prospect of Jack going against Lauren and Phyllis for Fenmore's, as long as they don't forget Lauren's perspective in all of this. But, from what we've seen so far, I don't think they will.

Three days of Jill this week. That's so amazing. 

I was thinking that yesterday! The Christmas decorations made it somewhat nice to look at!

• Members

I'd say it was a pretty great show. I'll give credit where credit is due. The only thing missing are the stories which I'm assuming will start to take off in the new year. 

Oh and about Lily disliking Hilary, to me it makes sense. I mean.. there's no way Lily should be accepting of Hilary but at the same time it shouldn't be Lily's sole existence to hate her anytime she's on. Lily should have other things to do with her time too and it seems like she doesn't. @ajsp35801 I think you are right about them replacing Lily with Hilary. To be fair to the writers though, Lily is a pretty bland and boring character with CK in the role (IMO) and I'd imagine they must be pretty uninspired by her. With Hilary, there is so much they can do with her character. 

• Members

I figured Lily was angling for a modeling job when she first sat down with Barry. I'd like to see her doing something beside roam around that lobby/restaurant waiting to yell at Hilary or bang Cane, She's too young to be Gina Roma or Gloria. She could easily begin modeling for Jabot or B/S.

Speaking of, how is Patty Weaver? I'd love to see her pop in...

Archived