Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

It doesn't matter what story they come up for Lily! It will NEVER work because the actress playing her is 100% unlikeable. It will never change. At least, this way, we suffer minimally.

Well, they brushed her hair for the second episode. That's something. lol

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

CK ain't that bad. She's greatly improved over her early days IMO. She just needs something to do. (I think I resented her for so long when she came back on the show after loving that other actress...ha...but in the past couple of years, I've eased up). She needs to be something other than a saintly stepford wife. I don't even hate her with Cane anymore but there needs to be something done to shake up these characters. They've been stuck in an isolated vacuum for so long. 

Edit: I'll admit: I still remember how much chemistry the other Lily had with Daniel back in the day. Kinda hated CK for coming back and ruining that.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

Sorry but MCE is more capable of an actress than CK is. Chelsea the character is useless but I can understand why she's gained the popularity she has, and I attribute that to the actresses capabilities.   I just don't picture CK being a leading lady. She sucks.

• Members

I will always despise Lily with Cane. Had he remained P3. That'd be one thing. I thought he was too old but could have eventually embraced it. But I will never want her with Mr gazillion back stories. 

I see nothing they've done with the Chelsea character that requires more capabilities than CK has. 

• Members

Christel Khalil fits into the same category as Melissa Ordway for me. I too, preferred Davetta Sherwood and can't for the life of me understand why they brought CK back. Imagine the stories that Lily could have had under DS? Lily could have become such a great character, and even Hilary would be no match for her. Smh I don't understand how these writers don't see what we see. Their mistakes just seem so obvious.

• Members

I just don't hate Cane like most do. I really like him actually. The writers just didn't do him (or Lily) any favors by keeping them so isolated and (mostly) drama-free. The writers really dropped the ball on the Tyler and Lily thing. Never understood why they dropped that storyline.

That P3 storyline is Y&R's low point. That is one of the worst storylines Y&R has ever done, along with the Brad/Victoria reliquary, the Marco storyline, anything Daisy-related. I actually think I hate the P3 more than anything this show has ever done. What were the writers on when they came up with that one? I actually get pissed everytime I think about it. Geez.

• Members

I know I am gonna be ripped a new one for this statement but I'll say it anyway.

Please register in order to view this content

I think there are only two weak actresses on this show and those are HKK and MO. (And no, I'm not trolling) HKK was good at the beginning but she's currently the most annoying presence on this show. She seems to have no range besides whiny, weepy or awkward. MO tries but she's just kinda there even though she is miles better than the other Abby's. Even though MO ain't no great actress, it still kind of works because Abby is meant to be a non-entity. She's this light fun type even if she's Victor's daughter. There's really no depth in the character so it's not like I'm demanding a better actress to play the role. What role?

This post is meant to be ripped to shreds obviously because I know peeps will strongly add CK and AH to the list. I disagree but I guess that's what makes it fun (I Think...I hope). 

• Members

I preferred Davetta too but I think some might be remembering her with more talent than she actually possessed. I liked her because I thought she respected VR and was interested in playing Dru's daughter. By that, I mean  she attempted to infuse some of dru's mannerisms and language into the role of lily. I respected her for respecting that she was playing a daytime icons daughter. But that's it. CK, on the other hand, rebelled against all things Dru, which has come to bite her in the ass. I'm pretty sure she knows that was a mistake as she goes into year 4 playing second banana to MiM with no change seemingly in sight. 

• Members

OT but has anyone seen CG write up previewing the latest spat between Mariah and Hilary in SOD? And I quote: "Mariah knows Hilary is dirty, nasty, and untrustworthy."

Is this typically how actresses talk about each other's characters? I've never seen anything like it but maybe my point of reference is off.  I'm rubbed all the way wrong but I could be overreacting. 

Archived