YRBB

Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, ryanc said:

I remember thinking she had potential back then too, but its true that she's just not improving. I feel like she's always so whiney and her defending Victor all the time didn't make me like her any better..

She is just a very annoying character at this point. I remember seeing her on a recent episode and rolled my eyes thinking why is she on.

Also I wish Y&R could get an actress like Kate Mansi to play Abby Newman. I mean, all Ordway does is giggle and say cheesy lines. Abby can be fun and playful but she needs to have depth as well. Mansi could be good in that role. (I know it would be ironic that she played Abby on Days too) 

Edited by ryanc
Spelling error

1 minute ago, ryanc said:

Also I wish Y&R could get an actress like Kate Mansi to play Abby Newman. I mean, all Ordway does is giggle and say cheesy lines. Abby can be fun and playful but she needs to have depth as well. Mansi could be good in that role. (I know it would be ironic that she played Abby on Days too) 

I would take her as Abby or Summer.  I wonder what she's up to these days.

MO will never be able to elevate the character of Abby any further than she already has. Her and Summer are the most in need of recasts right now

17 minutes ago, ryanc said:

Ugh, I hate Mansi. I don't get the appeal of that actress. I'd keep MO. lol 

Edited by mr. sweet

Just now, ryanc said:

MO will never be able to elevate the character of Abby any further than she already has. Her and Summer are the most in need of recasts right now

Once again, that's cause the show insists they be saccharine heroines. Both ill suited for that. Why must they be heroines? 

1 minute ago, mr. sweet said:

Ugh, I hate Mansi. I don't get the appeal of that address. I'd keep MO. lol 

Both are rather dreadful in the acting department.

Summer comes off as a little kid. It's something in the way the role is written as well as HKK's portrayal. The other day when Summer told Victor she would ace her business classes, I did a double take. :lol: :lol: :huh: She still acts as if she's 15. All the potential she had (and she had loads...I loved her then) when she first came on has vanished. Someone mentioned that she went downhill around the Austin storyline & I fully agree; though it might have been before that. She just acts so much much younger than she is supposed to be. JMO.

Edited by mr. sweet

Seriously? I thought Mansi was great on Days. I think she'd fit right in with MM sand CG. They can ship Summer off for a year since 2 recasts at once would be a bit much.

17 minutes ago, ryanc said:

Seriously? I thought Mansi was great on Days. I think she'd fit right in with MM sand CG. They can ship Summer off for a year since 2 recasts at once would be a bit much.

We'll agree to disagree. Lol

As for Summer, are there even any die-hard fans out there? 

Edited by mr. sweet

2 hours ago, mr. sweet said:

Speaking of this, there is a rumor that MM has been approached to play Adam. I've been seeing this rumor floating around. That can't be remotely true, can it? They wouldn't dare, would they?

Honestly, I think it's one or two sites that have been stanning for the actor for years that have been promoting this rumor. They repeat it over and over, hoping to make it true. I mean, it did work in the election, so I guess folks take heart from this and are trying it.

2 hours ago, ryanc said:

Yeah the MM stans were the worst. 

About the whole Sharon/Nick stuff. Does anyone remember a couple weeks ago when Nick came into Crimson lights with Christian and demanded that Sharon leave? Even though she was there first and her husband owns the place.. 

Obviously I blame that more on the sloppy writing because in any case it should have been Nick who left, but still that didn't do his character any favours. He looked like a total ass who thinks he can just boss people around anytime, any place. 

Actually Nick totally ignored Sharon and walked by her, and despite Mariah's protest, Sharon boldly went up to Nick and his son, totally ignoring the RO, which he reminded her off.  It was Nikki who demanded she leave, Nick defended Sharon to Nikki. 
Hope that reply wasnt too "couply"