Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yea, I was wondering if TPTB are having some kinks with pacing.  The B&S stuff has been on 3 days straight, kinda taking the wind out of this story's sails.  It needs to be on tomorrow, I hope.

This is a fantastic idea, IMO.  And it would be a story that could be spun up fairly quickly and draw a ton of interest.  

This show is not boring for me.  I'm enjoying most everyone on the canvas right now, including SB (that I never thought would happen), with one exception (DG).  I'm enjoying most all of the stories, the jury is still out on GC Buzz depending on how they write Hilary, but for the most part, they make sense...I understand Jack's motivation.  I understand Lauren's pride.  I understand Dylan's resentment.  Even though he's being a dick, Nick even makes sense.  

That being said, it doesn't make sense why Chelsea and Victor are keeping the paternity secret.  And they still need to give Hilary more dimension.  But those are arguably tougher things to pull together.

This is loads better than a plane crash or Neil kidnapping his ex-wife, or Sharon going off her meds, or a high rise inferno with two criminals running around that inexplicably escaped from prison and the looney bin.  

• Members

Why should Chelsea and Victor tell people that Adam is the father? What does that accomplish? Adam's dead. It serves zero story purpose to tell the truth now. What happens? Nick decides he doesn't want to raise Christian? Victor and Nikki become parents to a toddler at 60 years old? Chelsea raises her dead husband's child? Sharon and Dylan fight for custody? I want to see literally none of that.

• Members

Well, that wasn't really my point.  I'm not advocating for his paternity to be revealed, just a reason for Chelsea and Victor to keep it a secret other than the obvious, that Adam's dead.  Have there even been scenes between them, coming to agreement on not saying anything?  Chelsea knows that Victor knows the truth, he used it to blackmail Adam before he died.  Adam told her.  But does Victor know that Chelsea knows?  

I think it could be used for good story, even with Adam dead.  

• Members

Thanks J.  I missed that talk.  Did they come to an agreement, obviously not telling Nick?  Because Adam is dead or ??

It feels like the new team is ignoring it, they aren't having MCE play it when she's with Nick, at least not in the traditional ways.  If Victor's lamenting the future of Newman were meant to play to Adam, I missed it.  

They could play this as Chelsea wanting to tell Nick, and Victor threatening her to keep it to herself.  Or maybe the other way around, with her threatening to keep Connor from him as tribute to her grifter past.  But they seem to like Chelsea as heroine.  idk.  This is a tough one.

Archived