Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

I like AH. I know it's an understatement that this is an unpopular opinion, but oh well, it's how I feel. I respect that everyone else doesn't. 

I miss Cassie too but in all honesty I do believe that the storyline with Cassie's death was a good one especially regarding Sharon, Nick, and Daniel. I thought the storyline was well done. It's what came after this storyline that was pretty bad and started my longtime hatred of Phyllis and Nick as characters. I'm okay enough with both characters again, but it took a long, long time. This was also the start MS over the top acting that grated my nerves. 

Please register in order to view this content

So yeah, because of this, I wish they hadn't killed off Cassie.

Old background music would have heightened the drama of yesterday's episode, but sadly I get the feeling that that ship has sailed. I feel it would have been one of the first things Mal Young would have reinstated when he came on, and now especially with SS. And it has yet to happen so maybe they never plan to, or maybe they're being refused.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I  think they could still write in how Cassie death effects Sharon life. 

& Victoria, I never picture her with kids because she was all about business. She felt like if she didn't have kids her chance was better to take over NE. So, they let Nick have all the kids. Or at least let her have one child by a man that is ruthless then Victor. Victor needs good competition, not that tired ass Jack.

I was highly upset that Victoria got pregnant by somebody like JT only because she & the guy who played JT was dating IRL.

• Members

Fridays US episode was very good and had the ability to set up a lot of good conflict. It was reassuring to see Nikki and Victor right back (with Jill on the way it seems) and the Newmans being written in such a way that I liked watching them. 

Amelia Heinle has the ability to be a tolerable Victoria. Back when Brad and Sharon slept together there were a handful of episodes where Amelia Heinle exhibited shades of Heather Tom's furious and bitchy Victoria. She's never done it since but I know she has it in her. Victoria hasn't been written in character since Heather Tom left. I have hope that can improve. But she's an inferior actress - Emmy awards and her personal life be damned. 

The lack of signature background music has been an issue for so long you have to wonder who dictated that change. It isn't as if the music is dated - most of it was instrumental (albeit with some synthesizer). It was a major part of the look and feel of Y&R. It needs to return.

• Members

I really hope they are waiting for some arrangement....with Sally's EP credit, I certainly hope Mal isn't blocking the possibility of the old music being restored....I mean the camerawork is a lot better and I think that is Sally's credit...

YESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register in order to view this content

So excited!!!.....yes I think it's been re-uploading a bunch of times, but to be able to actually it in it's actual quality on TV!

Archived