Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree.  It's the context of when Hilary gives the side eye or the smirk.  I don't think anyone here is arguing for the sweet-as-sugar Hilary we saw after her coma.  

Again I say, she needs a buddy.  Preferably (for me) another woman in her age range.

Yup!  I thought it was a good show too.  I have nothing to add about Jabot/B&S, those were good scenes, and I completely buy Jack ripping up the lease.  It doesn't need any further explanation as far as I'm concerned.  I'm not sure why some feel it's a weak premise.

GT looked fabulous and 

Please register in order to view this content

on toning down the drag.  But you're right, there were more times than not when she came across very masculine.

@ryanc thanks for the previews :-). I'm not strong enough not to sneak a peek lol

The reason why him being her "go-to" needs time.  When Hilary was shunned after the Neil Killed My Momma fallout, I liked Jack stepping in and giving her a chance. His mentoring her had potential.  But Chuckie fucked it up.

• Members

It feels so good to be excited about this show again. It's all mostly working for me. Weirdly I thought it could never be fixed after the hatchet job Pratt put it through, but nope, it's pretty much fixed. And oh so damn entertaining. Today's show was rocking. 

• Members

Yes, I've wanted a female friend for Hilary to confide in for a full 3 years now. Since she's Chelsea's Neighbor, I'll take her. 

Shelly and Jean fucked it up first by having Hilary kiss Jack randomly in 2014. Chuck was just using history. But, you're right, Jack doesn't need to be her confidante. Especially when she's using him to make Devon jealous. Which was a beat played in their scenes a few times.

One thing though, I do love the disdain/incredulity Bryton puts in his voice when Devon says Jack's name. Very subtle but extremely effective acting. If they're going to play that beat then they need to go all out. I hope Devon pays Jack back by interfering in his plans for Fenmore's. 

• Members

Me too. I wanted to say how annoying she can be like most soap kids are but I know the little actress IS talented and has done some other things (Dolly Parton's two movies) but lawd, kids really do need to be seen and not heard on soaps. I think writers, or someone, thinks it's adorable to see the kids act and talk like adults but it's really not. I had the same issues with GH and their insane focus on the kids for that brief period of time. They had long scenes and episodes. It was way too much.

• Members

Once the younger set is revamped, I think it'll definitely be much closer to being completely fixed!

TBH I liked the other actress too. I loved her sass towards Avery in 2013 when she was leaving and Faith goes "GOODBYE Avery..." 

Please register in order to view this content

This actress is definitely talented but I agree with the comments about her being a little annoying. She just always comes across as spoiled and bratty. Her problems feel so insignificant even thought her parents are clearly fcked up. It's just hard to buy into it. CG was so much better when she was a young actress. 

I'm ready for the show to SORAS Faith to a teen. They should recast Summer first though.. 

Archived