Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Why does this always happen to me? Now that SB is leaving I'm actually starting to warm up to Dylan. He's much more tolerable under SS writing. I mean, I'm still happy he's leaving but it makes you think. Maybe if they have written him this way all along people would have been much more accepting of him. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eh I actually don't mind Faith at all. I mean this show had Camryn Grimes and Darcy Rose Brynes on the show for years so it's nice to at least have some semblance of a child's voice sometime on the screen. Look what happened when the show decided to SOARS Garret Ryan's Kyle to Blake Hood's Kyle...disaster...

• Members

Yeah I actually love Alyvia Alyn Lind as Faith! she really does add a bright spot to this show, especially in scenes with Braeden....

Speaking of that I feel the writing for Victor has been better then it has it ages....yes it's a little premature, but he really is like the "old" Victor, the scene with Phyllis was even handled in a more civilized matter....

Summer's Party even felt like the old days when they had parties where they made an entire lengthy scene out of it....I loved Nikki poking Victor's nose with the icing...LOL.

• Members

In a way I actually wouldn't mind a decently recast Dylan staying around and acting around as a Paul 2.0 and quitting the force to open up McAvoy Investigations. In a weird way he and Sharon are actually in a good place in their marriage right now so it almost feels like Dylan shouldn't leave except it feels something ominous is in store or excepts an invitation from Avery to just ditch it all and reset with her. 

• Members

I would also like a Dylan recast.  I think that having a stable relationship can help rehabilitate Sharon. I also like that the character gives Paul something to do and Nikki something to do outside of the Newman's.  I like having her loyalties slightly divided.  I also like the potential for a deeper sibling relationship with Victoria and Nick.

As for Darcy Rose Bryne I wish she were still on the show. I loved that little girl.

• Members

What a thrilling episode!

Victor talking to Nikki about his regret that none of his children wants to follow in his footsteps was great, and the character of Victor very much deserves that. I like that, even though he tried, he can't make amends with Noah, and of course Phyllis. I never thought I'd see Victor get his face caked but here we are... The Newmans, despite not liking half of them, felt like somewhat of a real family.

Phyllis changing her hair is cool. Lots of people have that as a reaction to a big breakup.

Loved the Jabot/Brash & Sassy stuff. Really great. It was kinda funny that Billy wanted to just fight the movers, and they really did try with Victoria going to Jack. I mean, AH can't really sell it, and Victoria should be 200% stronger than that, but at least they're in the right direction. 

And two great cliffhangers. I really hope it's Jill. A Jack/Jill screamathon? I'm in. And I actually LIKED Victoria when she lost it and smashed the lab. Hell, I even enjoyed when Billy and Cane went for each other's throats. That was an amazing ending. 

All in all, we're seeing SS slowly and methodically re-positioning the entire canvas. I have no doubt there's a certain point they're getting to before launching their own stories. Jack having conflict with B&S because he's evicting them is great. I'm willing to wait it out and enjoy little fun stuff, like today's, in the meantime.

• Members

Yes Yes Yes to everything you said here. I loved the B&S scenes. All of it. This episode was awesome from start to finish. 

I know everyone on this board hates AH but I actually don't. I will admit that the last year or so she became pretty insufferable and stopped trying but lately, I've liked her again. Yes, she ain't Heather Tom but I can't help it, I like her. I especially love her in scenes with Eric Braeden. They have father/daughter chemistry and dare I say more than HT in that category. Yes, I know, I don't expect anyone to agree with me on any of this. Haha. I accept it.

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

After today's episode, they've already started setting up the end of the endless, excruciating burning of Sharon at the stake, at least by Nick. It seems they're doing a forgiveness arc, and I am very happy about it.

Listen now, someone's already said they didn't like Cassie, and now this.... are you trying to drive me nuts?

Archived