Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Permanently

I loved today's episode. It was ALMOST the show I feel in love with. 

Faith's reaction was totally appropriate to a 9 year old. Especially saying that she wants a divorce. That's totally a kid's thought process, she knows a divorce means you're separated and she wants to be separated from her parents. 

I'm really enjoying Nikki and Victor. More than I ever have...I used to find them essential yet insufferable. But now they're very sweet and I think they would better right now not driving story because their presence looms so large over everything they do. 

• Members

Faith hasn't bothered me, TBH. I do wonder whether TPTB might be spreading her too thin, she's really being utilized to rehabilitate Victor, but I understand why SS and KA want to get this done relatively quickly and would use a shortcut to get there- they don't want to belabor this.

Also since it's the Christmas season, I could see why Y&R would be giving the children a bit more screen time.

I hope Lauren will be on tomorrow though because this Fenmore story needs to get underway, it's kind of the only story that has real traction right now, they can't let it stall.

• Members

I missed the end and then whoops deleted the episode I didn't see Faith's meltdown or Nick and Sharon acting like idiots. I'd imagine Faith was absolutely right in this case and had every right to tell them off.

And yes, Victor and Nikki are so much improved it's incredible. Victor especially. I actually think Braeden seems to be enjoying himself. I liked his brief sparring with Jill today as well. I don't think he loved playing the over the top villain but he's going to do his job.

• Members

JG isn't the best actress (to put it mildly) but I'd rather Y&R pair Nick with her than Chelsea, GT's Phyllis or another random new character.

They share a lot of history & that relationship provides a ton of interesting character dynamics to work with that don't require Sharon to act OOC to move the plot along.

Archived