Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show is watchable. I have faith in the new regime.

It pains me to see the damage that's been done to this show. I quit watching after MAB's early run. I see the characters have been popping out children like crazy. It feels like DAYS. I wish the HWs would just drop some of them and act like they never existed.

There are so many similar characters. Chelsea, Chloe, even Mariah (that's such a non-Y&R name...). Caine and NuBilly kinda look alike. NuBilly not being blonde bothers me for some reason lol. Devon being filthy rich is ridiculous and boring to watch. I still don't understand how AH and CK made it so far. CK is so ridiculously not invested and not committed to this, it's laughable. Poor AH can't even try.

I like Hillary and I appreciate what they are doing with her. She shines when she's the town pariah, and they know it. I don't think there's anything racist behind although I see where other people are coming from. I think the show would benefit from more diversity, period.

The Abby character is such a waste. You could tell they were laying the groundwork for a major custody battle when she was born. Her whole character was supposed to be eternally caught in between the Newmans and the Abbotts. Now she's a non-entity. Her 50 year old mother is much more interesting than her.

I appreciate them trying to make the Newmans likeable again. I wonder how much longer EB is going to put up hugging Nikki and kissing his TV children's bottom.

Noah is so useless. The scenes between Nick & Phyllis and their children are a major suspension of disbelief moment. I wish they would de-SORAS the kids.

Most of all I see no conflict, apart from Jack's random hissy fits and Hillary. There's no sexual tension. Phyllis acts like a frat bro to everyone. Let's hope for the best.

• Members

The show is so good right now! But I'm concerned because a lot of the reactions I'm seeing on Facebook, Twitter and other messages boards are that the show is "boring". SS hasn't even started her own stories yet, so I'm hoping that will change..

• Members

It is very boring. Its alot of talk conversations but nothing really exciting. Jean and Shelly went at a slow pace in beginning before finding footing on GH. Ill give Sally six months but i hope its not deadly dull. Pratt and JFP had very high ratings it was like an adrenline rush very nutso but ratings were high.

• Members

Well, that's because that's the only major story going on right now lol 

Let them think it's 'boring.' Adjustment period will be needed for those pour souls and the rest always find a Y&R that's true to itself boring, unless things explode and evil twins rape women.

• Members

Loved Jack vs. Jill today. Including the flashbacks was a nice touch to show newer viewers that these two have a history. Even Victor and Ashley in the elevator was fun. LOL at the guy who couldn't wait to get away from them when the doors opened.

It's amazing how much better I receive a character (Dylan) when they aren't propped or shoved down my throat. The whining is tiresome but I can kind of get where he's coming from.

• Members

Going deeper into Sharon's guilt and Mariah/Cassie would still work - especially if Mariah starts feeling some resentment over Sharon's loss of Chrully. It was great when Daniel came back and Mariah met him. It was too brief (Gradz was only on for a cameo), but they screwed it up by having Phyllis yapping for the first half of their meet. Clearly, a lot of bad things happened to Mariah and there's always stuff to mine (e.g., she could've had a baby she gave up, etc.). SC/CG work so well together, so with the right writing, it could work. Plus, it's the reason why Phick happened. I wouldn't mind seeing CG/GT get into a bit - like Mariah being protective of Nick.

Archived