Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rumor has it, JFP wanted Kelly Sullivan as Phyllis.  That would have been a train wreck.  Now for rest of her recast story...

RA as Noah = fail.  I think RA is adorable, but he's not Noah

MO as Abby = fail.

HK as Summer = fail.

BJ "Grandpa" as Billy = complete failure.

not a recast but

SB as Dylan = fail.  I have only now started to like him a little thanks to SS/KA

DT is Billy.  Period.

• Members

I love JT in the role and think he is very well in character. Billy has always been arrogant and self-absorbed. David Tom started the show like that. Yes, Mac softened him but he was still a spoiled jerk. BM started off as a jerk and remained like that for a long time: think about his time with Sharon and Chloe. Let's face it, Billy was always a bit of a jerk.

The worst recast was not BJ but that kid who was playing Billy during the time John died. I honestly think that was the worst actor to hit Y&R. I kept thinking how on earth did that guy pass his audition? He was so bad. haha

@Darn made a comment about Billy's vanilla bean penis with all the women on the show, but damn. I never thought about it before, but he's scored with many of the current women on the show: Chloe, Victoria, Chelsea, Lily, Sharon, Phyllis. So even if he were to move on with someone else, chances are he'll already have a shared history with them. I never realized this until now.  

• Members

DT wasn't given a real chance to be Billy again. I think DT/EH would've worked. Anyway, JT has done a fine job with Billy and he blends well with the Abbott family and especially with JW. I'm looking forward to the Bella reveal and how they decide to play that. 

• Members

If you're going to write business stories, write them properly.

Evicting B&S from Jabot makes no sense unless a loophole exists -- and that should be explained. Don't half-ass this stuff. Why aren't lawyers working overtime to stop this instead of us watching 3 characters call someone on their cell?

GC Buzz: if it gets millions of viewers, why aren't candidates lining up nationwide for the opening? Instead we get Devon acting as if his only choice is Mariah. Ridiculous. And Mariah is such a catch she gets to wear her own clothes on the air? Last time I looked, Mariah was pretty much unemployed. I don't think her closet is full.

Neil giving advice to Devon about keeping a marriage alive? GMAFB. Btw, I do t feel Bryton is invested in his character. I don't feel this supposed love he has for Hilary at all, or that he cares about GC Buzz, for that matter.

• Members

David Tom was doomed from the start thanks to Miller stans and their obsession with him. Miller has always been a very average actor. He actually works better as Jason over on GH because the character just isn't very deep anymore. He mumbles and relies on some charm that he has to carry him. Not to mention it didn't help that Amelia was basically having a meltdown over the recast. And it sucks that the characters of Billy and Victoria are now stuck in the hell that is their relationship. They should have moved them on to other people but nooooo. It's the show's fault and less about Tom. He's more than capable. I still feel bad for him over it all. And maybe he was a tad rusty in the acting department but you can't tell me with a straight face that Miller has more range than Tom.

That being said, I've never enjoyed the fact that they turned Billy into, basically a loser who Victor demeans at every turn. His "Billy Boy" is so cringeworthy. They didn't do the character of Billy any favors. And with Thompson in the role, Billy as a drunken loser who sleeps around doesn't work anymore.

Archived