Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lily is awful...well the actress is...recast her too....LOL

Just look at the sh it fest casting.....

Billy looks way too old.....they have never gotten the recast correct...they should have kept David Tom...the reason DT didn't work the second time was because of the writing and AH as Victoria...she sucks and her pairings are awful.

Victoria looks like an old bag lady....

just to name a few

• Members

Sorry but LOL at the idea of MM being a Dru recast. You're joking right? I mean, I would have totally bought her as a Lily recast but DRU? ........

MM may be a good actress but she's nothing compared to VR.. she doesn't have the same grit and creativity that VR did. I just don't think the two can be compared. Beyond them having similar skin tones, what makes them similar? Just curious.

Hilary has been giving me life so far and the past couple episodes hasn't made me view her as a one-note character or villain. I think these writers are going to invest in her.

• Members

It sounds like the show is the same old same old like what happened right after MAB took over - early hype and a quick return to the norm. I keep meaning to watch but it's difficult and unless there's sustained improvement I probably won't. 

• Members

Well this is just my opinion, but the show is loads better. Every single character is finally acting in character. Characters actually have lives and occupations and interact with various people. People's motivations are a lot clearer. The dialogue is better. The show feels stabile again. I didn't like MAB or LML as writers but Pratt was who really gutted the show. With his writing, no character acted like themselves and it seemed like any character could be interchangeable, that's how bad it was for me. Now, I feel like I recognize these characters again, and they're not just there to be plot devices. And I get the sense that there will be actual storylines and not just fast-paced moments only meant for shock factor.

I loved all the episodes TBH.

Archived