Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Yes, FB is a mad house. I think the platform is the best judge that we can have for the GA without seeing a ratings report. It's more people and less stanning or allegiance. I think the average viewer is much like those folks. Less like the people here. 

I was hoping for an anchor baby for Hilary (and Devon) before their break up. I can't believe hilary has been on this show this long without one. Especially when you consider her counterparts Sage and Chelsea. 

I'd rather see the show have hilary go after these younger men the show needs to establish. I think she is polarizing enough to actually make Noah and/ or Kyle. It's time the show looks to the future. I see hilary as the future. Both nick and billy are played out characters with too many kids and ex-wives for one more to even matter. Put hilary with men where it counts. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the last thing more of these young people need is babies. Look what happened to GH. Every woman under 40 turned into a brood mare, for what? And babies haven't stopped Chelsea from being inconsequential or Sage from being dead.

If they want to cast a good Kyle or make Noah work I'm all for that with Hilary.

• Members

I would definitely like to see the show establish Noah and Kyle. I'd have to see that happen before I'm interested in a romance with Hillary though. As far as I'm concerned the Noah we have isn't about much. Not sure if the problem is writing or acting. Also not sure if the show even cares about bringing Kyle on, but I wish they would.

Billy is a decent candidate for Hillary because it puts her more in Jill's orbit.  Nick/Chelsea need someone to shake them up. It can be Phyllis or it can be Hillary, but it has to be someone or something because right how they could not be more boring. There are several women on this show who could use a Mr. Right Now, even if he isn't Mr. Right.

• Members

The show is no longer wedded to all Jill's old hires from Hollywood Heights, so we'll see what they do with Abby, Noah, Kyle, etc.

Personally I think Summer at least grew up way too fast. But then I still don't think Faith or Summer ever needed to exist.

• Members

Ooh. Hilary and Noah. That never occurred to me before. That's an even better possibility than Billy. I could see that totally working. Sharon would hit the roof. She'd be the new Nikki. There would be more clashes with Mariah as well. The drama is endless.

I wouldn't want her with Kyle. I love Hil's friendship with Jack. Wouldn't want that ruined by her hooking up with his son. 

I still want her with Devon for awhile. I honestly love them together. But I'm be cool with Hilary/Billy or Hilary/ Noah.

• Members

Hillary doesn't need a baby. Not at ALL. I'm sick and tired of young people having kids. Look at Lily. She's treated like a 40 year old. Considering Summer and Abby are floundering knock one of them up but I'm so done with baby stories.

Devon and Hillary act like they can't stand each other. It's almost anti-chemistry at this point and they'd probably be better off with other people. I get they need conflict but they look like they can't stand each other. Not saying they can't come back to them or write them a little better in the future but maybe pushing them elsewhere for now would be best. Devon looks miserable with her.

Devon and Mariah wouldn't be awful. I'd like to see Hillary with Billy or even Cane (well, the Cane ship has long sailed probably). No to Nick. No thanks. No to Jack because the age difference is far too big (and I'm a believer that age is just a number but it would be icky on every level because he's basically become her father figure). Hillary can live with the Abbots though, because that would then push her into Billy's orbit ... and she already has tension and sniping down pat with Ashley. It writes itself Sally Sussman!

It's also time for them to actually invest in and write for Noah and Kyle. And even Abby and Summer. I think Sally can do it. Summer has probably needed some downtime and Abby was aged up way too fast when they cast Emme Rylan in the role back in the day. In reality, Abby should be Summer's age at this point and Summer should be Faith's. LOL

Archived