Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Joshua Morrow has spent twenty years relying on his charm and dimples (seriously, his scenes with Chelsea are lacking but you totally get why someone would jump his bones) you can't ask him to change now.

So stupid! It's Wisconsin in the winter! I can't wait to see that scene. I miss Zapato.

• Members

Frankly, I can see why a lot of viewers don't like Hillary. She needs work and the actress needs some direction and nuance despite charm, charisma and the energy she brings. It'll happen but they have to actually invest in her. They want her to be strong and independent but she's doing it in all the wrong ways. She has no self reflection. I know she'll be defended but it's just how I feel. I do like her but I really can see why some don't.

• Members

That is because the show doesn't want to change her character from what it is. I realized that today when they had her explain why she acts the way she acts now. They want fans to accept her like this and forget the two years that she was a more decent person.  They want to change Devon instead and have him okay with being with someone like her. I think they are gong to make him wrong in this little story arc. Which leads me to believe that TPTB are out of touch with viewers opinions.

Oh, I absolutely love watching Mishael Morgan onscreen. Her character, however, is extremely frustrating to actually watch,

ITA with this. But I think that the  character is designed for viewers to hate. I can't fault them for doing exactly what the show tells them to do.

• Members

They have a lot of work to do to figure out the Hilary character, but I'm more optimistic after today. I'm just glad that MM is not being tossed aside. 

And, no, to Victor stepping back nonsense. And, what sexism is it, that Victor is willing to hand NE to Nick rather than Victoria. B&S can easily be a NE subsidiary again - that story has been awkward from the start - cramming 3 + Jill into that tiny office. Gimme a break.

And, huge bonus to the writers for tapping Victor's humanity with the orphanage talk with Faith. EB shines when he discusses that part of Victor's history. The previous regimes tried to tap that twice since both Marissa AND Natalie were in orphanages, but they failed miserably in following through.

• Members

Victor was absolutely right in telling Nick to basically grow up and give the bar to Noah and work at Newman. I'd rather Victoria run Newman though. I can't believe how much more likeable Victor has become in just a week. Thank the Lord for small favors. I always enjoy Sharon vs. Nikki (they've had tension for 20 years now,  well before Sharon's mental problems/Christian, etc.) but I guess women sniping at each other anymore just doesn't work for me as much. I think they're all better than that, though the Newmans now have valid reasons to hate Sharon, which I don't like. Sharon was beaten down by the last few writers and it wasn't necessary.

• Members

LOL, she sure did. I admit I laughed at that.

And while I think the writing for Dylan is a lot better I'm ready for him to exit stage left. Or right. Whichever he'd prefer.

Nope.

Personally I couldn't see either of his brats running the company. Messy ass Victoria or frat boy Nick. Such good choices. Too bad the real Victoria's been gone for the last 13 years. That's the Victoria I could see running the company. Not whatever Heinle is playing.

Archived