Y&R: December 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel like yesterday's episode was less about moving story/plot along (although there was a bit of that) than (re)establishing characters.

In scenes with Victor and his granddaughter Faith. Mariah, Dylan, Sharon and Faith. Even the scenes at the Newman ranch where Sharon dropped off Faith and you see Nikki not-so-subtly pulling Sharon away from Christian's pram.

Hillary's talk with Jack, while heavily expository, MM did manage to make it a bit more than just a basic recounting Hillary's history. I'm still  not enthusiastic about where I see this story going but at least there seems like there is potential to be a story that is Hillary's, I just pray we are not thrust into another silly triangle featuring a May-December element (we already had that with Neil).

• Members

Will catch up with today's episode later. 

I'll say this much. Although the GC Buzz stuff has frustrated me (and it's been the A storyline in the past 6 episodes), I've been dying to watch the next episode every day. That's a feat in and of itself.

• Members

Agreed. They're doing something right because I look forward to the new episode everyday (even if some are better than others)

Todays episode was okay. It seems like they're righting some wrongs. Devon and Hilary finally getting their own place, and getting B&S out of the [!@#$%^&*] Jabot building 

• Members

I liked today's show.  I could completely understand Hilary's frustration with Devon regarding his money and how it makes her feel.  And the ending with these two was sweet, it was good to see them happy if only for a few minutes.

The Billy/Jack stuff was good.  Jack sniping back at Ash regarding John: "He's dead" was a little harsh.  I guess they are still going try to undo at least 15 years of "Aunt Jack" and move the character closer to Terry Lester's version?  Or at least make him less of a wet noodle than he's been particularly the last 10 years.

This Farah chick could be interesting.  She's definitely a throw back to GC's past pot stirrers in her styling and the way she was introduced.

All in all, not a bad show.

• Members

Oh, I agree completely.  I'm just wondering aloud if they're trying to reset the character to being a little less pussified.  TL's Jack was infinitely more complex and interesting.

Has she be on prior to today, Chit?  This is the first I've seen her, but yes she was impressive.

• Members

I agree about Hilary's motivations. But the dialogue was not something that we have seen onscreen. She complained about Devon buying her when we have only ever seen him buy her a bridal gift and that house. He didn't buy GC Buzz for her despite what Devon said. And she asked him to fund that lab thing with Neville. She has whipped out his checkbook far more than he ever has. Then her telling that guy that she wanted to make Devon grovel  ruined her little speeches because it came across as her trying to make him beg, which he did. And when he did, Hilary gave that evil smile to let us know that she was sincere in nothing that she told him. Everything is still a manipulation.

I am hoping that Devon calls her bluff or even takes her at her word and A) present her with a post-nup to sign and B ) tells her that he understands and supports her getting a job somewhere else. Let her outsmart and out manipulate her self this time.

I wonder if they will keep Jack this way. I can't see how when he alternates between black hearted Jack and Aunt Jack depending on who he shares scenes with.

I think Farah was just a stunt casting thing. She is on RHOBH with ED.

But I did enjoy the show immensely.

Archived